UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 6th Feb 2012, 2:20 pm   #1
Alvin
Heptode

Default Videosphere Aerial Plugs & Sockets

Are the external aerial plugs & sockets as used on the JVC Videosphere available anywhere?

I recently acquired a near perfect example complete with original loop antenna which clips on to the telecopic rod and I wish to use the loop to feed a freeview box which in turn goes to the UHF aerial socket on the TV.

I've bodged it for the time being by twisting wires round the pins of the loop aerial's plug and poking the wires from the freeview box into the TV aerial socket but want to come up with a neater solution .

One option would be to unsolder the ribbon cable (complete with its moulded plug) from the loop and connect that to the coax from the freeview box and fit another cable with coax plug to the loop but I would prefer to keep it looking as original as possible.

Pics show the type of plug and socket I'm looking for.

Alvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Videosphere Aerial Plug.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	62184   Click image for larger version

Name:	Videosphere Aerial Socket.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	62185  
Old 6th Feb 2012, 3:58 pm   #2
Tractorfan
Dekatron

Location: St. Frajou, l'Isle en Dodon, Haute Garonne, France.(Previously: Ellesmere Port, Cheshire, UK.)
Smile Re: Videosphere Aerial Plugs & Sockets

Hi,
If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) Ribbon cable is 300ohms impedance and co-ax is 75ohms. You may need a 'balun' to match one to t'other. The mismatch could produce some odd effects on the screen.
Just a thought.
Cheers, Pete
Old 6th Feb 2012, 4:12 pm   #3
Alvin
Heptode

Default Re: Videosphere Aerial Plugs & Sockets

Yes I was aware of that but I'm in a very strong signal area so impedance matching probably isn't that important - the current bodge is certainly working ok!

Alvin
Closed Thread