UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Jan 2022, 11:59 am   #21
ms660
Dekatron

Default Re: Insulating workshop roof- advice sought

When I had my Sawmill, I made and erected sheds for a living, the first thing that went on the outside face of the studs was a good quality breather membrane (Tyvek etc)

For the OP's shed I wouldn't attach any significant weight to the roof support "trusses" as they are.

Lawrence.
Old 13th Jan 2022, 3:05 pm   #22
MotorBikeLes
Nonode

Default Re: Insulating workshop roof- advice sought

Reading the OP's first message, I see big problems.
I had a similar M/C workshop / shed built professionally. I then set about with Celotex board, 25mm, Al foil coated. Cut to size, fitted between rafters/joists (whichever) as OP intends. That meant a gap between insulant and roof timber.
Then the drips of condensation started. Lots of it. A pal suggested opening windows, so now there is one window open at each end of the (10' x 30') shed.
I assume I should have left a visible gap of say 2" at the bottom where it meets the top of the walls, and at the apex a similar gap. One day perhaps, but never time to think, too much to do NOW.
Les.
Closed Thread