UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Jan 2022, 6:35 am   #21
Dekatron
Octode

Default Re: Mullard Technical Communications?

So, just sent David a new email. I hope he responds so that we can see if it can be solved with a loan of these to him for scanning.
Old 11th Jan 2022, 1:47 pm   #22
Dekatron
Octode

Default Re: Mullard Technical Communications?

Today I got an answer from David at worldradiohistory.com that he is indeed very interested in the Mullard Technical Communications. But with his backlog of approximately half a million pages to scan and the prohibitive cost of shipping these magazines to him it might not happen in the near future.

One idea that he put forward is if I can find anyone who can scan these professionally here in Sweden where I live it might be a lot cheaper than shipping and him scanning them. I saw that there is a Swedish reseller for the "Bookeye 5 V3 Open Book Scanner" that he uses, I'll ask them and see if they might have some customer who would be willing to help out. Another option would be some type of crowd-funding effort, but that is not something I've done before so that will have to be researched too.

Any other ideas or anyone in Sweden who might know of a feasible way to scan these?