UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 26th Dec 2021, 4:02 pm   #1
Chris55000
Nonode

Default New Set of Tek 465B Circuit Diagrams?

Hi!

Would any Members be interested in me drawing and posting (no charge!) a brand new set of Tek 465B Circuit Diagrams, Board Layouts and Component Tables?

I bought another set of 465B manuals from Artek just before Christmas (pdf), and it was nothing like the quality they advertise, very furry, full of scribbled notes all over the circuit diagrams, some of which obliterated important information, and the PCB layout diagrams were very difficult to read because they were so faint!

I thought of this possible future project because none of the free 465B manuals are complete, and there is no download that has the Circuit Diagram for the Vertical Mode Switch, Diagram 4 !

The text portions of all the free manuals are absolutely fine, so I wouldn't need to do the whole book!

Opinions?

Chris Williams
Old 26th Dec 2021, 4:39 pm   #2
Chris55000
Nonode

Default Re: New Set of Tek 465B Circuit Diagrams?

Hi!

As a PS to the above, original Tek 465B paper books are getting very hard to find and very expensive – the last one I saw advertised would have been well into three figures by the time I'd paid postage and import charges on it from the USA!

Chris Williams
Old 26th Dec 2021, 8:49 pm   #3
Dickie
Octode

Hi!
I have a paper copy so I'm certainly not interested but in my opinion (you asked for it!) that's an awful lot of work. I've just looked through it and there's about 79 A4 page equivalents to do, plus all the tidying up to do on the raw scans.

If you need a scan of the missing diagram 4 I'll happily do you one.

Richard, BVWS member
Old 27th Dec 2021, 3:55 am   #4
Chris55000
Nonode

Morning Richard!

Could you do me the Diagram 4 scan, Waveforms for Diagram 4 and the Digram 4 Lookup (Grid location tables) please?

Obviously for those like yourself who were able to get Paper 545B Tek original books, those people wouldn't need replacement drawings, but as I pointed out, they're getting very hard to come by now, and three figures in price as they're nearly all in the USA!

Somebody did a high quality scan but missed out diagrams 4, 6, and 10 and the waveforms and Components Lookup Tables associated with these – I did manage to scan Diagrams 6 and 10 but I no longer have the book I got it from, it got destroyed in a lockup fire, and I hadn't noticed when I scanned Diagrams 6 and 10 that Diagram 4 and it's waveforms, etc., were also missing from this incomplete pdf!

I did find after a great deal of searching a PDF with Diagram 4 in it but it was so badly scanned it was unreadable and faint!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Dec 2021, 5:58 am   #5
markfff
Tetrode

Have you seen the official copy on the Tektronix web site? https://www.tek.com/en/manual/465b-instruction-manual
Old 27th Dec 2021, 8:33 am   #6
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Quote:
Have you seen the official copy on the Tektronix web site? https://www.tek.com/en/manual/465b-instruction-manual
Yes!

I only downloaded that yesterday and it's the same copy missing Diagrams 4, 6 and 10 plus all the waveforms and ancillary tables, etc., that everywhere else online has!

They've all got the watermark "http://monamon.squhill.com" in light grey on the bottom left hand corner of all the pages, and needless to say that URLis long gone!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 27th Dec 2021 at 9:01 am.
Old 27th Dec 2021, 9:11 am   #7
Dickie
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris55000 View Post
Morning Richard!

Could you do me the Diagram 4 scan, Waveforms for Diagram 4 and the Digram 4 Lookup (Grid location tables) please?

Chris Williams

Hi,

I'll put at the top of my todo list. It will take a few days owing to festive family commitments.

Richard, BVWS member
Old 27th Dec 2021, 2:50 pm   #8
Chris55000
Nonode

Afternoon Richard!

Quote:
I'll put at the top of my todo list. It will take a few days owing to festive family commitments.
Thanks Richard, any time your convenience will do fine!

Once done I can pause my Redrawing Project for later, my motive for doing so, as with all diagrams I draw or post, is to make sure that good–quality readable and legible information reaches anyone who might need it – there are far too many people who buy rare or irreplaceable service manuals and won't go near a scanner with them, something even stating on their websites, forums, etc., why they think it shouldn't be shared!

Chris Williams

PS!

That reminds me, I've still six pages of the Heathkit STR–1 Assembly Manual to scan & post I need to do after the festive holidays!

Last edited by Chris55000; 27th Dec 2021 at 3:15 pm.
Old 27th Dec 2021, 3:03 pm   #9
Radio Wrangler

If there will be pdf files on the go, please put me down for copies. Two 465Bs here!

And an A3 printer if I can get it going again.

David
Old 27th Dec 2021, 5:12 pm   #10
Chris55000
Nonode

Afternoon David!

Your name's down!

Only slight snag is, my handwriting is atrocious due to writer's cramp and twitchy fingers, so the work'll have to be done in my British Drawing Lettering I'm afraid (I know some chaps here love hand–lettered circuits!).

The standard and layout will be as per Tek quality but using my British symbols, and one additional blue colour for tints, PCB outlines, etc., will be used as per Tek usage – I will endeavour to make the colour as close to Tek's "house blue" as I can!

Chris Williams
Old 27th Dec 2021, 5:36 pm   #11
barrymagrec
Octode

I have a 465B manual that I assumed was complete and hasn`t been written on. It appears to include diagrams 4, 6 and 10 and associated information. It was issued with scope ser 100785 and the front sheet says first printing April 1979 and a yellow sheet says this manual reprinted September 1979.

I anyone wants specific pages I may be able to scan them, not doing the whole manual though.
Old 29th Dec 2021, 10:17 am   #12
Dickie
Octode

Hi Chris,

I hope this is OK for you. I got confused when I found that Diagram 4 relates to pcb A5.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Diag4001.pdf (1.40 MB, 70 views)

Richard, BVWS member
Old 4th Jan 2022, 1:08 pm   #13
ajgriff
Nonode

Once again Dickie thank you for taking the time and trouble to provide these scans. Much appreciated.

Alan
Old 4th Jan 2022, 9:14 pm   #14
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

And from me also – I can pause my 465B New Drawings Project for now and concentrate on equipment for which no original drawings are available!

Chris Williams