UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 15th Dec 2021, 3:07 pm   #1
radiolot
Tetrode

Default More lots/lots more at Tennants auction 2nd Feb

The link will be ready in January, but give you all a quick heads-up as promised - the sale date will be the 2nd Feb at Tennants, North Yorkshire. This is the second and last part of the radio collection, plus a good few multi-vendor lots as well for good measure.
It is over 50 lots worth and as before, lots will have 1,2,3,4,5,6 or 7 sets in it. Plus enough valves to open a metal and glass recycling plant. Once ready, I'll post the catalogue link here.
Stuff is already coming in and being stored for the May sale too.
Old 20th Jan 2022, 12:47 pm   #2
radiolot
Tetrode

Default Re: More lots/lots more at Tennants auction 2nd Feb

Here is the link to the catalogue, which has just become live.
Important - as before, any pictures missing/miss-aligned will be fixed shortly so follow the text to be sure. Radio lots from 2080-2131, with gramophones just before and musical boxes just after.
Next sale is May. I think the team have done an amazing job on pre-sale prep considering they were on a skeleton number of staff over a series of weeks.

https://auctions.tennants.co.uk/auct...se&pn=1&mc=659
Old 20th Jan 2022, 5:22 pm   #3
PaulR
Dekatron

Smile Re: More lots/lots more at Tennants auction 2nd Feb

Far too much temptation there
Old 20th Jan 2022, 8:09 pm   #4
radiolot
Tetrode

Nice to know that your Want-To-Need Convertor is warm, Paul. I lost the adapter to mine years ago. And then my wife removed the fuse!
Old 21st Jan 2022, 10:03 am   #5
PaulR
Dekatron

Old 30th Jan 2022, 7:54 pm   #6
radiolot
Tetrode

A quick thought, if you haven't worked out already - you can save yourself some money by bidding through the Tennants Live own channel through the house rather than The Saleroom (which charge an extra 6%, the cheeky so-and-sos). Hence the link posted, not Saleroom. Or leave a bid which is not extra and I have on very good authority they don't start at your max bid, only go up to it, like it should be. But if heading up there/down there/sideways there, it really is Postman Pat land. Beautiful scenery. And you can grab a wedge of proper Wensleydale cheese too from the local Mann Co farm. It really is out of this world. Can you tell I'm a southerner?
Closed Thread