UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 13th Mar 2024, 12:28 pm   #1
regentone001
Heptode

Default Regentone TEN-17 tuner problem

I have a Regentone TEN-17 which works well for quite a while then as the set warms up the picture starts to break up a bit and eventually both sound and video disappear. Wobbling the 30C1 in the tuner brings back both sound and video and it sometimes stays ok for the rest of the evening sometimes it just disappears again.
Is it possibly a broken pin in the valve holder? If it is how easy are these tuners to service and get into? I have never had a problem like this with any other turret tuner so it must be a rare occurrence
Thanks
Steve
regentone001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Mar 2024, 10:56 am   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Regentone TEN-17 tuner problem

Worth a check on the anode load resistors to triode oscillator section of 30C1 [PCF80]. They are marked R10A 4.7K and R10B 6.8K. Check voltage to pin 1 of the PCF80 and the valve of course. John.
Heatercathodeshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2024, 4:55 pm   #3
regentone001
Heptode

Default Re: Regentone TEN-17 tuner problem

thanks John I will look into that. I have to do things when I feel ok and have the time as at present I am undergoing chemo treatment and it makes me quite tired and I can get a bit mind fogged
regentone001 is offline   Reply With Quote