UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 18th Nov 2022, 8:42 pm   #1
DuncanLeece
Pentode

Default Decca model 66 gramophone help please

I am hoping someone can help. I have volunteered to repair this little Decca model 66 gramophone for a nice family that has owned it from new, recently in the keeping of now deceased Great Uncle. Clearing the late gent’s possessions, the gramophone was found, having been out of use for decades, apparently awaiting a new spring.

I rarely work on this type of machine, but agreed as it is in lovely condition, almost unmarked and clearly cherished, even down to having its two original keys on the obligatory bit of string!

The winder showed little resistance and neither did the turntable, so a broken spring sounded likely. But I was unprepared for this problem…..the spring unit has clearly been removed in the past, probably by its elderly owner, presumably for repair, but now is missing.

I wonder if anyone can give me pointers to a source for spares? The motor is marked 15D, Swiss Made, and I guess is maybe a Paillard?

I have placed an ad in the Wanted section below, just in case anyone has a spare motor they would be kind enough to part with, but I wonder if anyone can give me pointers to any other source for spares?

As I said, this kind of portable gram is not my usual fare, so I am floundering a bit to know where to turn!
Seems way too good a machine to scrap.

Thank you
Duncan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11289.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	268299   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11290.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	268300   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11292.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	268301   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC11295.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	268302  
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 2:59 pm   #2
Richardgr
Heptode

Default Re: Decca model 66 gramophone help please

Is this the one?
Gramophone museum
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Skärmbild 2022-12-02 145741.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	269166  
Old 2nd Dec 2022, 3:07 pm   #3
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Decca model 66 gramophone help please

The spring barrel is completely missing, so it's pointless trying to do anything with it. My advice would be to go back to the family and ask them where it is. If it's been with the same family from new, then they must know where it is if they're clearing the uncles stuff out.
Closed Thread