UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Oct 2022, 5:28 pm   #41
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Scam PMs from new members

I've not seen any such scam PM's myself but having run the email infrastructure for a bunch of rather large businesses in the past, it's good to know that the forum mods are keeping an eye on things.
Old 7th Jul 2023, 9:11 am   #42
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Scam PMs from new members

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsherwin View Post
We are seeing more reports of suspicious offers in PMs from 'new members'. Please be very wary of any unsolicited PM from anyone with a zero or very low post count.

Typical example:
Quote:
John has Ekco sets for sale in good condition Here’s his email johnbogus01@gmail.com
I have just banned another of these - Saxez75. Thank you to the recipient of two PMs from this member for alerting us.

Please be aware of PMs like this from new members.

Also if you receive any PMs like this please report them to us so we can deal with the sender appropriately.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread