UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 14th Dec 2022, 11:19 pm   #81
joebog1
Banned

Default Re: Record cleaning machines

Nope, ordinary cattle restraint type fence. Although the landlord keeps cattle, sheep, goats, deer, dogs
( lots of dogs ?? ) As well as a huge assortment of domestic birds. Termite hills in the northern territory and up the top of cape york are the spectacular ones.

https://territorystories.nt.gov.au/10070/14800/0
https://bnbfishing.com.au/interestin...ermite-mounds/

Ours are just a plain nuisance. It requires STRONG dangerous poison to get rid of them too. Thats why they are still here. My house was "built " by the farmer without any pre treatment of the area, is on short stilts and DOESNT have ant caps. BTW, DONT try hanging a door in the house unless you are very good at trigonometry, as the whole place is trapezoidal.

The most venomous snake is the inland Taipan, but is very shy and only lives in a fairly small area.
The coastal Taipan is quite common here and a strong average man has 20 mins if bitten !! N.B.
The most scary and very dangerous snake that makes me run, is the King Brown. VERY VERY aggresive !!
https://www.reptilepark.com.au/king-brown-snake-mulga/

and VERY VERY poisonous!!. I run as fast as I can when one chases me, and yes they chase after you!!.

WE mostly get big carpet snakes around the house, or green tree snakes, but both are non poisonous and non aggresive so I leave them be, Carpet snakes are very good with rats, mice rabbits, possums etc. Green tree snakes eat green frogs, excusivly, which are disappearing fast.

Bit off topic, just for your education Craig.

Joe
Old 21st Dec 2022, 4:50 am   #82
joebog1
Banned

So my record cleaning machine arrived this morning.
First observations:.
1. Very well packed.
2. Quite heavy sonic bath itself.
3. Cleaning basket supplied as standard for "other " things.
4. Dinky little drive motor for rotating the LP,s. Appears to be totally sealed ( i.e. waterproof ).
5. 12 volts, 2 amp SMPS power supply supplied for rotation motor.
6. Drying rack is a bit fiddly to assemble and align, but once done it should work well.
7. Correct Au power cord supplied and of approved standard.

Things that are a bit "off ".
1. Total lack of instructions!!! . All the filters are supplied, but where do they go, and how
does one fit them?.
2. Wallwart SMPS supply for rotation motor with 1.5mm centre pin. No approvals.
Labelled LI Po battery charger. Made in China.
3. Join for power connector for rotation motor 3/4" / 19 mm from motor/gearbox body on
flying lead. (Waterproofing )
4. NO Allen key supplied for grub screw attatching record rotator shaft.
5. Shaft is not aligned with flat for grubscrew, so must be plugged in and turned on
before grub screw can be tightened. NOT a major fault, just tacky .
6. Drying rack also has no instructions, and seems has "lots " of spare parts.

Overall, I am quite impressed with general quality ( PLEASE note above comments ).
Need a few gallons/litres of distilled water, at least for initial tests.
Also need source some form of wetting additive/solution before testing. ( I will be using my present cleaner " Liquinox " to begin with ).

Until I do some tests, ( and I have some LP's that the ants have crawled on ) no comment on cleaning quality. Youtube videos using the same model ultrasonic cleaner yeilds very good results, and general comments are favourable.

Joe
Old 21st Dec 2022, 10:16 am   #83
PaulR
Dekatron

Thanks Joe, I will await your thoughts on its effectiveness with interest
Old 4th Feb 2023, 6:51 pm   #84
PaulR
Dekatron

I have just come back to this and all the Amazon UK links are now dead. There seem to be no reasonably priced ultrasonic RCMs left. Have I missed the boat on this or does anyone know of a source for the sort of price they were only a few weeks ago (about £160 I seem to remember)
Old 9th Jun 2023, 4:42 pm   #85
PaulR
Dekatron

I took the plunge and bought one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08N12WG...roduct_details

I have just tried it on a very dirty copy of Bob Marley Legend which I had made worse by trying to clean it with tap water and washing up liquid. The cleaner comes with a bottle of cleaning fluid which I used at half the recommended concentration.

The results are very good, far better that I expected. There are still some crackles from damage to the record but it is greatly improved. An indulgence probably but it does what it says on the box!
Old 9th Jun 2023, 5:05 pm   #86
Luxman1050
Octode

This I found works really well. Can't remember where I got it now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20230609_170407.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	279466  
Old 9th Jun 2023, 10:53 pm   #87
harrison5
Diode

hi i use the Knosti Disco Antistat Record Cleaning Machine and have never lost a label, the labels are not glued on but pressed on while the vinyl is still warm. i think it works great the goat hair brushes do agitate the dirt ect and the solution that comes with it does cure any static in most cases. but it sometimes does clog the stylus. you dont have to use there mixture i use it to cure the static and then do it again with distilled water. but the machine works really well for me
Closed Thread