UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 8th Dec 2022, 6:10 pm   #41
Techman
Dekatron

Default Re: Ceramic cartridge compliance

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayerjoe View Post
See post #9 for a tracking weight solution in this thread https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=182357
Many thanks for that tip.

I've just this minute removed the cover from the rear of the tone arm and found that the spring is completely missing, so that accounts for the excessive tracking weight - I wasn't expecting to find that, but I can work with it!

Just got to work out how to alter the arm set down position now - it just drops fractionally too far in and misses the run-in groove and first second or so of the recorded audio of the dropped records...I've not worked on one of these before.
Old 8th Dec 2022, 7:26 pm   #42
John10b
Nonode

I have attached pictures of the Chinese Red Cartridge or I think it is Chinese, how do I know which it is , it is marked JC, and cost a few pounds ?
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FF691A9E-D07A-446E-A1DE-2ED6C18122D3.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	269577   Click image for larger version

Name:	7045E462-47BB-4F9A-93C6-7E58D32FE327.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	269578  
Old 8th Dec 2022, 7:44 pm   #43
ben
Dekatron

The JC ones aren't the original Denshi ones, I have bought these online. They sound and track well though, I find.
Closed Thread