UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 7th May 2022, 4:01 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default RetroTechUK Unofficial Forum Gathering

Sorry it's last minute but I only just remembered that this was suggested in the main RetroTechUK thread.

I understand there are slightly less stall bookings this time so the area under the mezzanine at back of the hall should be free.

I would suggest that any forum members who want to meet up should gather in the back right corner of the hall at around 2pm. It will probably only be for 5-10 minutes.

If I find that area is not available when I arrive tomorrow (I should get there during the setting up) I will update with an alternative area here, so please check this thread from your phone in the morning, or if you don't have a smartphone look out for me around the hall (I will have a BVWS committee name badge) and ask.

2pm should be a good time as we will all have had a good look around and had lunch, and will probably waiting for any late bargains before heading home.

If you have a name badge with your forum username that could be useful.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 7th May 2022, 4:41 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: RetroTechUK Unofficial Forum Gathering

Thanks, Paul. I shall endeavour to be there - wearing badge with name and forum avatar.
Old 7th May 2022, 6:18 pm   #3
duncanlowe
Nonode

I think we need to be away before 2 as we are meeting family who live not far away. But hopefully I'll spot some members somewhere.
Old 7th May 2022, 8:40 pm   #4
MeerKat
Hexode

I’ll be there for my first time, they don’t allow motor homes in the car park so i’ll have a grey rucksack on my back just in case I find any smallish pieces of treasure!

Illegitimi non carborundum
Old 7th May 2022, 10:09 pm   #5
Paul Stenning
Administrator

You may want to double-check that. I’d be surprised if they were not permitted if just used as transport for visitors and items purchased, the same as any other car, van or pickup etc. I would expect any use of campervan specific features such as sleeping or cooking to be prohibited though, because it’s a car park not a campsite.

Paul Stenning
Old 7th May 2022, 10:28 pm   #6
MeerKat
Hexode

I checked on the event centre website Paul and “no parking on site for any motorhomes”. Unfortunately it’s costing me circa £50 for a nearby campsite and taxis :-(

Illegitimi non carborundum
Old 8th May 2022, 9:31 am   #7
Paul Stenning
Administrator

The suggested area is fine. There are a few tables and chairs there.

Paul Stenning
Old 8th May 2022, 9:16 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Even though this was a last-minute plan, 8 of us met up and chatted for around 30 minutes. Thank you all. Next year I’ll try to remember to organise it sooner.

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread