UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Homebrew Equipment

Notices

Homebrew Equipment A place to show, design and discuss the weird and wonderful electronic creations from the hands of individual members.

Old 5th Aug 2022, 7:19 am   #1
Malcolm T
Hexode

Default 144 Mhz Cubical quad SSB end

I'm back on it again a year later! Hoping to get this aerial working for some SSB operation on a lift, there have been some reports of some very good VHF propagations during this hot weather.
However following a design page where the frequency is typed in and you magically get the correct dimensions and spacing it flopped dramatically. I adjusted the driven element so it is now 70mm longer in total length and re-spaced the gamma match, it now appears to work well but i'm not sure about adding a tuning stub to the reflector or how this thing should be adjusted as a procedure ie steps 1 2 3 etc .
So are there any VHF gurus out there who have cubical quad experience?
Malcolm T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:11 am   #2
rambo1152
Dekatron

Default Re: 144 Mhz Cubical quad SSB end

I love it when the empiric triumphs over sums
rambo1152 is online now   Reply With Quote