UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Repair and Restoration Services Wanted

Notices

Repair and Restoration Services Wanted If you need someone to repair or restore equipment for you please post your request here.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Dec 2021, 12:08 pm   #1
Rod H
Triode

Default Vintage radio repair Co. Dublin

Hello fellow enthusiasts, particularly those in Ireland.

I am making an enquiry on behalf of a family friend who is a retired electrical engineer who lives in Co. Dublin (Killiney). He is a lovely gentleman and is very knowledgeable on vintage technology and loves a technical chat, but unfortunately, owing to poor eyesight (glaucoma), he is no longer able to confidently use a soldering iron and so cannot tackle repairs himself.

He would like assistance to replace a resistor in the output stage of a Telefunken valve radio which he purchased from a secondhand shop in Switzerland during his travels many moons ago. The set has been resurrected from his loft and is otherwise in good working order apart from the known fault - which he diagnosed many years ago before his eyesight started to fail. He also has the circuit diagram for the set and he and his wife would love to be able to use the radio once again, especially as it is one of the early sets to have a VHF waveband, making it very useable.

I would love to be able to assist myself, but obviously this would best be done by someone in his area. If any of our members living in the Co. Dublin area might be able to assist, or could point to someone offering professional repair services in the area, then I would very much like to hear from you. Probably best you PM me rather than reply on the forum and I will then pass details on.

Thanks
Rod
Closed Thread