UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 5th Apr 2022, 8:00 pm   #1
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow My recent posts - and prospective ones.

Just a precautionary post.

I am aware of the Forum Rules, in particular section D, sub-rule 8:

The posting of sale or wanted messages is a privilege offered to regular forum members only. If, in the opinion of the moderators, you are only here to trade and not to become involved in other discussions, your posts may be deleted and your access to the forum may be restricted.

Recently, most of my posts to the Forum refer to items I have for sale. Money received helps me finance my hobby. I have reached the point where I need to dramatically reduce the amount of surplus items that are cluttering up my workshop. Consequently, my selling posts at the Forum are likely to continue for quite some time. Now bearing in mind the above Forum Rule, I do not want the moderating team to draw the conclusion that I have now morphed into that of a trader, using the Forum only for that purpose. I visit the Forum on a daily basis and if I read a post to which I can constructively contribute, I will do so. I value my membership of the Forum highly and will not consciously do anything which might jeopardise that membership.
To conclude: if the moderating team reach the conclusion that my selling activity has become ‘disproportionate’, please let me know: I will amend my Forum postings accordingly.

Thank you.
Al. / April 5th.
Old 5th Apr 2022, 8:25 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: My recent posts - and prospective ones.

Established members with a record of constructive posting don't need to worry about this.
Old 5th Apr 2022, 8:34 pm   #3
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: My recent posts - and prospective ones.

Thank you, Paul. Your post read & understood.

Al. / April 5th.
Old 5th Apr 2022, 8:46 pm   #4
paulsherwin

Established members are only banned without warning for extremely serious misbehaviour. The mods will almost always warn members via the PM system before taking drastic action.

Very few established members have ever been banned. The usual reason is refusing to accept a moderator's decision. We don't ban people lightly, and it will only happen after discussion, usually involving Paul Stenning.
Old 5th Apr 2022, 11:08 pm   #5
Radio Wrangler

Most active people go through phases like this from time to time. Collections sneakily increase when you're not looking, then the conscience kicks in. Rinse and repeat.

The people who have been banned in the past for trading had to work rather hard at it to reach this goal, and they were seen to have no past record of helping others or contributing info to the forum.

As you have a track record of making interesting contributions, why would the forum want to lose you? Don't worry. Such decisions aren't made lightly and you could expect a barrier of progressively heavier hints before you got near the edge.

David
Old 5th Apr 2022, 11:18 pm   #6
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

I think the recent age poll shows that peak shifting ever higher - I've never sold anything via this website - I have given a few things away - but I can see a time, looming on the horizon, where I am going to have to start letting things go while I can still get into the loft to get them down. We can already see a few of our longer established members starting to go through this phase.

"Time is the fire in which we burn".
Closed Thread