UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 30th Jun 2022, 8:19 am   #1
WIEKBUDZYNSKI

Default UHER 4400 Stereo 4 track

I have been working on several issues on this UHER 4400 stereo 4 track pre I/C machine. I have some circuit diagrams for the unit but find there are several major differences. Has anyone any knowledge of when the 4400 circuit diagram was up dated. Its frustrating to to find R and C values different, changes to the board lay out and different transistor types in certain areas. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks. W. Budzynski.
Old 30th Jun 2022, 9:35 am   #2
DMcMahon
Dekatron

Default Re: UHER 4400 Stereo 4 track

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

It does not answer your question but Uher schematics normally have a note stating "Applicable from Serial Number xxxxxxxxxxxx".

If you check the 4400 Report Stereo IC service manual/schematics that are available as downloads from a few web sites you might possibly be lucky and find some applicable to your serial number unit.

David
Old 1st Jul 2022, 5:03 pm   #3
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

I have had success with talking to the very helpful SDS service (https://www.sds-consult.de/UHER/). They have sold me new Uher service manuals and diagrams for the correct version of the models I have. If you let them know the serial number, they can tell you if they have that manual in stock. Certainly working from the originals, with their crisp text and colour coded circuits greatly improved my eyesight compared with the poor monochrome PDF copies I found online!
Old 1st Jul 2022, 5:20 pm   #4
DMcMahon
Dekatron

If you scroll down the SDS screen you can download their price list as a PDF.

David
Closed Thread