UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2022, 8:32 pm   #1
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Heurtier P6 24S Super 8 projector - mains and speaker connector types?

Hi All,

I have a Heurtier P6 24S Super 8 projector, complete with sound module. Unfortunately however, it is missing the mains cable and cable to the external speaker mounted in the box lid.

Based on the photos below, does anyone have any idea which types of connector these are so I can try and source some for testing?

Many thanks,

Liam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2506.JPG
Views:	111
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	260349   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_2508.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	260350  
Old 3rd Jul 2022, 9:08 pm   #2
Lucien Nunes
Rest in Peace

Default Re: Heurtier P6 24S Super 8 projector - mains and speaker connector types?

The power connector is (as you would imagine) a flat grey moulded one. It is just about visible in this ad, where on the face of it you can get a projector complete with its cable for one Euro.
https://fr.clasf.com/heurtier-super-...ance-22319729/

Van Eck sells new replicas off the shelf, if you can stomach the price.
https://van-eck.net/product/adapter_...-_ka-0062-_ad/

In this thread, they discuss adapting a conventional (French) appliance connector by cutting it apart and fitting the sockets separately onto the pins. There are many variations in this theme as there are many similar but not identical connectors on vintage European equipment.
https://cine-super8.net/index.php?pg...1528&boardid=8

Googling 'cordon alimentation Heurtier' throws up various other dialogues. Note there are two kinds, the other one has flat pins.

Many people will say rip it out and file the hole to fit an IEC inlet. This works, but I prefer not to cut holes in vintage equipment and usually persevere to get the correct lead or make one from parts. If that isn't practical, I leave the original in situ but disconnected and route a permanent cable out from some suitable hole. Then if the proper cable turns up later I can revert to original not having butchered the casing.

The round one looks like a mini Bulgin, if so I think the choices of mating part are PX0631, PX0646 and PX0430.

Last edited by Lucien Nunes; 3rd Jul 2022 at 9:23 pm.
Old 19th Jul 2022, 12:37 pm   #3
Voxophone
Hexode

Default Re: Heurtier P6 24S Super 8 projector - mains and speaker connector types?

Thanks Lucien.

I eventually found a pretty much perfect match for the mains lead in my collection somewhere. The projector is up and running now.

It turns out it is actually standard 8 rather than super 8, so I need to keep an eye out for some sound-enabled standard 8 films in order to test the sound module properly. I do get a slight hum from the speaker though, which is encouraging.

Cheers,

Liam
Closed Thread