UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2022, 1:39 pm   #1
OKCHARLIE
Diode

Default BeoCenter 2200 phono, tape, AM & FM lights all on

Hi all,

I have a sick BeoCentre 2200 - which I'm working on at the moment.

When I got it, it had horrible gooey belts on the tape deck that I've now fixed and also had an issue where the volume, which would drop to almost zero after just a few seconds. I have tracked down to a faulty transistor and now can get the volume working correctly..

Unfortunately, I've now got a third issue where the unit normally (90% of the time) illuminates P1 when I switch it on. This is what is meant to happen according to the manual, but if this is the case I can only use the radio.

About 10% of the time the phono, tape, AM & FM lights all came on together - which is not what should happen. But in this state I am able to play records and tapes in addition to using the radio.

Any suggestions as where to start to look at this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike
Closed Thread