UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 7th Jun 2022, 7:17 pm   #1
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Pioneer TX 7500 tuner repair

This tuner came in from a friend ,it belonged to a good friend of his , who is suffering from terminal lung cancer ,so this one took priority , on plugging in I was greeted with the usual fm noise as if it was working ,I soon found out it wasn't , there was 12 volts on the tuning heart , so remover the module ,tied the tuning drum down so I didn't have to re string it , the rf amp transistor read ok , just to be sure applied a strong sig to the output of that stage ,still no sig , next step checked if the osc was running and tuning with the scope all ok , luckily the mixer transistor wasn't to bad to get at ,having removed it 2SC535 ,it was found to be oc all round , fitted a replacement now we have stations , you do need a 100 watt iron to remove the screening , It is now with the owner a small thing that made him happy for a while . Mick.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0009 (5).jpg
Views:	250
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	258584   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0010 (5).jpg
Views:	235
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	258585  

Last edited by vinrads; 7th Jun 2022 at 7:26 pm.
Old 7th Jun 2022, 7:50 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: Pioneer TX 7500 tuner repair

Nice story, well done.
Old 21st Jun 2022, 3:32 pm   #3
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

Default Re: Pioneer TX 7500 tuner repair

A hundred watt iron looks like a minimum! I'm impressed by the logical, clear fault-finding leading to a good result.
Closed Thread