UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Success Stories

Notices

Success Stories If you have successfully repaired or restored a piece of equipment, why not write up what you did and post details here. Particularly if it was interesting, unusual or challenging. PLEASE DO NOT POST REQUESTS FOR HELP HERE!

Closed Thread

Old 10th May 2022, 5:52 pm   #1
mole42uk
Nonode

Default 16x2 LCD Problem solved

Following my 3-page thread "16x2 LCD Problem" which dealt with troubleshooting an Elektor Lead-Acid Battery Rejuvenator, I thought I'd post in here showing it in action:

Thanks to help from several forum members, and especially SiriusHardware, I finally found the fault, largely by actually looking at the symptoms in detail.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery tester.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	256937  

Index:
recursive loop: see recursive loop
Old 10th May 2022, 9:37 pm   #2
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Default Re: 16x2 LCD Problem solved

Looking back at the original thread here

https://vintage-radio.net/forum/showthread.php?t=189984

I can say that a group of members including Trigon, Terry, and Keith and others all kept you picking away at that problem until you found it yourself.

It works the same for me as well, I find it much easier to keep going on a puzzle if I am not the only one who wants to see it solved.

I'm glad you have it working now.
Closed Thread