UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Where To Get Sets and Parts

Notices

Where To Get Sets and Parts For discussions about swapmeets, rallies, NVCF and BVWS, car boot sales, antique and charity shops, dealers, newspaper adverts, the local tip and just about any other source of equipment (other than eBay).

Closed Thread

Old 15th May 2022, 4:49 pm   #1
jhalphen
Hexode

Default High-End Hi-Fi Auction Sale in Paris : May 24th 2022

Good day Gentlemen,

I am relaying this message for a non english speaking french acquaintance.

French auction house l'Huillier is holding a public auction on Tuesday May 24th 2022 for 374 items of vintage Hi-Fi. Many prestigious brands such as McIntosh, Marantz, JBL, etc. tube & transistorized gear, turntables, speakers, accessories.
The venue is the well-known Hôtel Drouot in central Paris.

The online catague with photos can be viewed here :
http://www.lhuillierparis.com/catalogue/123185

It is possible to bid ahead of the auction date by quoting your desired amount or live by phone during the auction. To do this you must create an account beforehand with l'Huillier.

Disclaimer : i have no ties to l'Huillier, Hôtel Drouot, nor to the seller and no financial interest in the items for auction.

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 15th May 2022, 5:33 pm   #2
paulsherwin

Default Re: High-End Hi-Fi Auction Sale in Paris : May 24th 2022

Jerome, there is some nice equipment there, but the auction valuations do seem high to me. Some particularly desirable items may achieve the estimates or even more, but most will not unless French buyers are prepared to pay a lot more than tight-fisted Brits. I may be wrong though, and it's possible the auctioneers are hoping to attract bids from outside Europe, particularly China.
Old 15th May 2022, 6:15 pm   #3
jhalphen
Hexode

Hi to all,
Hi Paul,

I had the same reaction concerning high priced valuations.
However you are allowed to ignore the "experts" pricing & bid below their estimate.
Getting the item depends of course if the seller placed a reserve price (or not).

Best Regards
jhalphen
Paris/France
Old 15th May 2022, 6:40 pm   #4
GrimJosef
Dekatron

1500-2000 EUR looks optimistic for a pair of (at least slightly) modified Quad IIs might be a bit optimistic. But 200-300 EUR for a Quad 44 isn't excessive. As you say though, they're just estimates. There will be the auction house's premium and shipping and, perhaps, tax/duty too, of course.

Cheers,

GJ
Old 15th May 2022, 6:56 pm   #5
paulsherwin

I wasn't suggesting that all the valuations are unrealistic. There are some very desirable items in this auction, and I don't doubt they will attract high bids. I do think the majority of items are overvalued though. We shall see.
Old 15th May 2022, 10:24 pm   #6
Uncle Bulgaria
Nonode

They certainly show why it's worthwhile hiring a real photographer!
Closed Thread