UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Oct 2021, 10:33 am   #1
ianpoole01
Diode

Default Tandberg TP41

I've just completed and launched a video about the Tandberg TP41 - I hope people might find this interesting.

https://youtu.be/y9zs2OA0uUc

I'm hoping to do a few more videos on vintage radios over the coming months. Is this the sort of thing people might find interesting?
Old 19th Oct 2021, 1:00 pm   #2
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: Tandberg TP41

I'll definitely take a look at it, I have a TP41 and they're a very nice radio, one of the best portables in my opinion.

These type of info/reviews are certainly of interest to me, yes.

Edit: Just watched it, very well done, and very informative!

Last edited by stevehertz; 19th Oct 2021 at 1:11 pm.
Old 19th Oct 2021, 1:49 pm   #3
sortedradio
Heptode

Excellent video! They look like very well designed radios.
Old 19th Oct 2021, 9:49 pm   #4
Tantanometer
Triode

Well done Ian, an excellent informative video and I learned about Stabistors for the first time. Your radio is in immaculate condition with not a mark visible after 50 years of service.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing more videos like this in the future.

Len
Old 19th Oct 2021, 10:44 pm   #5
ianpoole01
Diode

Thanks for everyone's comments. I hope to be posting a few more videos in due course with the help of another collector.

The actual radio in the videos, well actually it is two radios. When I went away to university, I bought one from someone who had travelled and taken it with them. It was in good condition except that the speaker had suffered from some damage from a drink spilled on it. I managed to renter the speaker and it has been superb ever since.

The other radio was one bought by my parents after they heard mine. Both are in physically good condition, but I could have one in pieces while the other one was running and together - it helps reduce the time taken to make the video a bit.

Thanks again for the comments, I really appreciate the encouragement, but it may take a few weeks before I can get another up onto the YouTube channel.
Old 20th Oct 2021, 12:11 pm   #6
agardiner
Octode

Yes, more videos!
Closed Thread