UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 10th Oct 2021, 8:57 pm   #1
Julesomega
Nonode

Default Warning: Honda Generators on groups.io

I have had a few recent email invitations to join a new group about Honda generators. I have no interest in power generators but it now turns out these were sent by a member on the Kenwood TS-440 group who hijacked the membership list and mailed all members. It's likely that a few other members here are on the TS-440 group so it's worth passing on some of the comments that have appeared on that group. The new group has several sub-forums for the many different models of Honda generators

Quote:
Hello,

You have been invited by iowagold2020 to join the Groups.io group main@hondagenerator.groups.io.

If you have questions about this invitation, send them to main+owner@hondagenerator.groups.io.

To accept the invitation, please reply to this email, or you may accept the invitation on the website. This link will expire in 14 days, on 10/20/2021 at 12:18pm CDT.
Quote:
I sent a reply back to "iowagold2020" along the lines of:
"Hi, thank you for the invitation which I am going to decline,
as I have zero interest in Honda generators or alternators.
The only alternators I have experience of <snip>
For that reason I am declining your invitation.

The result was a deluge of emails telling me I had been joined to a total of 13 or 14 sub groups. To get out of them I had to go into each email ad click "Remove me", then on another window so it was a long winded process that then filled my inbox with "you have been unsubscribed from ...." emails. A total time wasting exercise.
At that point I presumed I was out of the "[hondagenerator]" groups

But no, the next morning (Thursday) a whole new string of emails told me I had joined the same 13 "[hondagenerator]" groups.
This time a message was sent to "main+owner@hondagenerator.groups.io" and all sub groups; to remove me from all "[hondagenerator]" groups, and stop spamming our email address. (in CAPS)

This produced the response "i will raise that spam and ban you forever!"
The TS-440 group owner has posted that he had been away so he didn't see what was going on, and that he will now delete the topic from his group. I thought it might be worth issuing a warning here

It's good here
Closed Thread