UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Offered and Wanted Messages > Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps)

Notices

Sets and Parts Wanted (private buyers only, no swaps) If you need help obtaining components, sets or equipment, post a message here. Private buyers only - no traders. No swaps.

Closed Thread

Old 3rd Jul 2023, 9:58 pm   #1
stubbyeddy
Pentode

Default Ultra radio model 25 mains transformer

Hello

I have been working on a nice console Ultra model 25 radio set and almost got it going, however there must be a short in the mains transformer as it gets incredibly hot in just a few minutes so im looking for a replacement mains transformer if anyone has anything from a scrap set etc they would be willing to sell me.

Many thanks

Eddy
Old 4th Jul 2023, 8:43 am   #2
vinrads
Dekatron

Default Re: Ultra radio model 25 mains transformer

Hi Eddy are you saying there was a short and you have found it ,or that the mains tx is faulty itself, I do have a tx on a working chassis I could let you have . Mick.
Old 4th Jul 2023, 11:42 am   #3
Sideband
Dekatron

Before you condemn the transformer, make sure it's not something else causing the overheating. Run the transformer unloaded (take all the valves out and any pilot lamps) and see if it still gets very hot in a few minutes. If it does then you definitely have shorted turns in the mains transformer.
Old 7th Jul 2023, 1:24 pm   #4
stubbyeddy
Pentode

Thanks for all your help and advise I have fitted a replacement tx thanks to Vinrads and the set is working one again!

Eddy
Closed Thread