UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Feb 2023, 10:13 pm   #1
murphymad
Heptode

Default BVWS Online Auction February 2023. DATE CHANGED.

The BVWS Online auction that was advertised in the Winter 2022 Bulletin as starting on Friday 3rd of February 2023 has been re-scheduled to a new start at 10:00am on Friday 10th February instead.

Regrettably this is due to a prolonged winter cold/flu type illness that I just could not shake off.

This has meant that I have been unable to give the time needed to organise, lot up and photograph as many items as I would like to be able to offer in this online auction.

The extra week that this re-schedule gives will allow me to complete putting the auction together and also include extra quality items that were not expected to become available until a later event.

My apologies for this change but I feel it is better to deliver a good auction a little later than a smaller, less interesting auction on the original planned date.

To participate in the BVWS February online auction you must be a current 2023 member of the BVWS.

If your membership has lapsed, you can renew online at the BVWS website
www.bvws.org.uk you will need your membership number as printed on the renewal form you received with the winter 2022 Bulletin.

You can also join the Society as a new member from the same place.

Every BVWS member, who has registered an e-mail address with us will receive a message with full details of username and password on the evening of Thursday 9th February.

Other e-mail updates will be sent out over this coming weekend.

Mike Barker
BVWS Auctions.
Old 1st Feb 2023, 11:02 pm   #2
AdrianH
Octode

Default Re: BVWS Online Auction February 2023

I am sure it is appreciated what you do to get these up and running.

No problems at this end.

Adrian
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 8:47 am   #3
greenstar
Octode

Many thanks Mike, you put a terrific amount of energy into these events, and the online auction is an excellent addition.
Tony
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 9:13 am   #4
stevehertz
Dekatron

Default Re: BVWS Online Auction February 2023. DATE CHANGED.

Thanks for the clarification Mike and thanks for your ongoing efforts.

A question. I recently paid my subscription for 2023. I don't recollect receiving a new membership card? So before I turn the house upside down, should I have received it by now?
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 9:27 am   #5
Dave Moll
Dekatron

If my memory serves me correctly (which occasionally it does!) membership cards are included with the year's first edition of the Bulletin.

Mike: of course, get yourself back into good health first!
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 3:18 pm   #6
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Yes, membership cards are sent with the Spring Bulletin. They aren't sent separately because of the cost.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 5:19 pm   #7
Reelman
Octode

No apologies are necessary Mike, your health needs to be the primary concern. I can just imagine the time and effort you put into these auctions, thank-you, it is greatly appreciated. We can all wait until you are ready without difficulty.

I can certainly sympathise with you, in our family we have all had very prolonged flu/colds.

Peter
Old 2nd Feb 2023, 6:53 pm   #8
paulsherwin

This has been an awful season for colds and other bugs - everybody I know has been ill to some extent. I had the 'worst cold ever' for over four weeks, spending Christmas day in bed.

I'll close this thread now that Mike has made his announcement.
Old 9th Feb 2023, 6:17 pm   #9
Paul Stenning
Administrator

I have now reopened this. Mike will be here shortly with some important information about the auction which is starting tomorrow.

Meanwhile photos of SOME OF the lots and the auction catalogue are now on the BVWS website here https://www.bvws.org.uk/auctions/pho...online-auction, and the catalogue is also attached to this post.

The online auction, which is only accessible to paid-up members, contains a lot more photos and descriptions etc. The photos and catalogue on the website are just intended as a taster.

An email will be sent to all paid-up members this evening with access details.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BVWS Online Auction February 2023.pdf (428.1 KB, 150 views)

Paul Stenning
Old 10th Feb 2023, 1:02 am   #10
murphymad
Heptode

Hello everyone,

The BVWS Online auction is due to go LIVE for bidding tomorrow morning at 10:00am.

The auction is currently open for viewing only. If you are a current BVWS member and we have your (correct) e-mail address you will have received a message this evening with a link and password which will allow you to connect to the auction.
Anyone placing bids are checked against the BVWS membership database automatically.

All items are live and open for bidding for one week.
The first item will finish at 6:01pm on Friday 17th February and each subsequent item one minute apart.

There is a large selection of items, something for everyone.

*********** SPECIAL NOTICE ***********

Auction Lot 180 is for two World War 1 Tuners.

Both a Short Wave Tuner MK III* and a Long Wave Tuner MK III.
These items are being sold with provenance as they were owned and used in active service in WW1 by the same person. Many years later, kept together in a private collection and now being sold with a framed picture of the original owner and a postcard picture of that owner in front of a WW1 aeroplane.

The Shortwave Tuner was manufactured in a large quantity, however there were only ever 218 Long Wave tuners made and this one seems to be different to other surviving Long Wave tuners and may even be unique.

The pair of tuners have a reasonable reserve set because they are a 'once in a life time' chance to own both a piece of First World War equipment and Early radio communications history.

If they fail to sell as a pair (lot 180), they are being offered individually as lot numbers 201 and 202.

ANY bids placed on lots 201 and 202 WILL be made NULL and VOID and the items will cease to be available IF lot 180 achieves a sale.

If you are a current BVWS member but you have not received the auction e-mail (check your spam etc. first) please contact the BVWS membership secretary (Steve Sidaway) at bvwsmembers@gmail.com and he will check we have your correct e-mail and send you the details.

Mike...
Old 10th Feb 2023, 10:59 am   #11
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default BVWS Online Auction February 2023

On trying to register to bid for the auction I get the message "Please confirm that you consent to the AirAuctioneer processing your personal data", but there doesn't appear to be a way to do this and to proceed with registration. Please can someone advise?

Last edited by Station X; 10th Feb 2023 at 11:36 am. Reason: Threads merged.
Old 10th Feb 2023, 11:27 am   #12
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Problem solved. I found the box to tick - which wasn't actually visible on my screen until I ticked it!
Old 10th Feb 2023, 6:21 pm   #13
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Please be aware that if you are joining or renewing your membership online at https://membership.bvws.org.uk/ now, this will NOT give you immediate access to the online auction.

The membership secretary will need to process your order and update the main database, which is a manual process and may take a couple of days. Once that is done he will email you the auction access details.

The auction does not end until next Friday so you won't miss anything waiting a couple of days. However if you don't renew or join until the middle of next week you could be too late, so please do so over the weekend or Monday at the latest if you want to take part.

The membership secretary and auction agent are volunteers, as are all of us on the committee, so please be patient and considerate.

Paul Stenning
Old 16th Feb 2023, 7:54 pm   #14
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Quick reminder that the auction lots end from 6pm tomorrow evening, one per minute.

Now is a good time to have another look and get your bids in if you haven't already.

Paul Stenning
Closed Thread