UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Old 1st Mar 2024, 8:36 am   #1
audiomagpie
Heptode

Default Audiojumble Sun 3rd March

Just a reminder that the Audiojumble in Tonbridge, Kent is this Sunday 3rd March. It's open to all, directions, times and prices can be found at: Audiojumble.co.uk

Many stalls selling HiFi/Audio equipment, spares, records, accessories, test gear and ephemera.

The BVWS will be there as usual, we have 4 tables this time, laden with sound bargains (pun intended!) And capacitors, De-Oxit, etc. (If you're booking a stall for RetrotechUK in May, it's an opportunity to hand in your booking forms to us too)

Ample free parking, refreshments, all within the Garden of England - what's not to like?

See you there...

BVWS committee chairman
audiomagpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2024, 4:07 pm   #2
majex45
Hexode

Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 3rd March.

Did anyone go to the Audiojumble? List your favourite items, let us have a flavour of what you bought, what you regretted not buying when you got home and what you actually went to get.

Favourite items:
Michel turntable (Saturn?) with Vestigial arm really beautiful but a lot of money.
A huge pair of speakers allegedly from Christine McVey's bar.

Purchase:
Connoiseur BD1 with unknown arm (not Connoiseur) in lovely teak cabinet.

Should have bought:
A pair of Bowers & Wilkings DM4 loudspeakers (I've always wanted a pair, I have DM1 and DM2) but the chap had gone away (no one knew where) and it was late in the day so I had to leave.

Wanted:
I went with the object of finding a pair of DM4s (see above), a stylus or cartridge for my Project turntable and an Audiolab 8000CDT (CDM). Also bought none of them.

I bought somewhat less than usual, there didn't seem to be as much "bits & pieces" although the chap selling components from huge bags was good.
majex45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2024, 6:10 pm   #3
Beobloke
Heptode

Default Re: Audiojumble Sun 3rd March

What I bought: Yamaha MS-8 music centre with NS-635 loudspeakers

What I regretted not buying: Nothing

What I intended to buy: Nothing. I had a stall to sell stuff, not buy more! I had a decent sale, though and came home with less stuff and more cash overall, so no complaints.

That said, the Alphason Sonata turntable with Xenon arm on one of the stalls that was still there at the end of the day was very nice...
Beobloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Mar 2024, 8:29 pm   #4
Valvepower
Octode

Hello,

I bought the following:

Odd ball home brew 6L6 amplifier with ‘upside down’ Radiospares output transformer from the BVWS stall.

Also from the BVWS stall, two Sterns 5-10 amplifiers - one of these has got a tad corroded chassis, otherwise it’s OK.

Box of red octal valves including EF36/7A and few others like EBC33/ECH35.

Empty (stripped) chassis with valve holders and a mains transformers for an odd ball amplifier project. This is blue and I’m wondering if it originates from PYE - I may do a post about identifying it.

Grundig 3028 3D - not too bad shape, however the tuning dial is tired with peeling paint.

Had a good natter with Henry about the PYE HF5/8, also had a chat with the chap on the Primary Windings stall.

Terry.
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Mar 2024, 9:57 am   #5
Valvepower
Octode

Hello,

Sorry, I forgot to say in the post yesterday the Howes family did cracking job organizing the jumble.

The BVWS lads spread was rather good as well.

Also, object of desire was the Leak Stereo 20, Point One Preamplifier, Garrard 301, SME arm all in a Southdown cabinet. When I was standing in the entry queue - and I saw it - I was told by the wife… NO!

Terry.
Valvepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Mar 2024, 9:42 am   #6
toprepairman
Tetrode

Also had a good day chatting to lots of people including Terry.
Sold a few items enough to cover costs, and only bought one box of valves.
Could have been tempted by the Sterns 5-10's had I seen them first.
Henry
toprepairman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2024, 4:30 pm   #7
majex45
Hexode

Oh yes! I forgot, nearly a dozen CD's I got from a couple of stands.
Some nice Bowie Live, Brian Eno and Allman Brothers, along with some very early Hendrix.
After all, the music is why we buy this stuff...isn't it?
majex45 is offline   Reply With Quote