UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Jan 2021, 5:34 pm   #21
P-Sussex
Triode

Default Re: Sony SL-C7 Rebuild: Alive for 20 Seconds Then ‘POP” & Smoke

Thank you again everyone for the help
Old 22nd Jan 2021, 7:40 pm   #22
HurtyAC
Tetrode

Hi All. You have to be careful repairing these. Please note that some of these now elderly machines I have repaired, the large 4.7uf capacitors are special high current handling types, this is why they are so large for their value and you may find they are down in value which makes them useless. Look for green corrosion around their legs, if found you will need to replace along with the others mentioned. If you don't want to be lumbered with fixing switch mode power supplies the SL-C5 uses a linear power supply which is extremely reliable and much easier to fix if you have trouble.
Old 29th Jan 2021, 4:14 pm   #23
P-Sussex
Triode

Once again a big thank you. I got there in the end, redoing all my E.Cap replacement work with high quality caps which were much more expensive and from a very well known Catalogue/Dealer. The specs for the caps stated that they were suited for psu use. So the machine is alive, subject to a number of mechanical issues which I am working on.
Closed Thread