UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Old 13th Oct 2023, 11:18 am   #1
Pamphonica
Nonode

Default Beautifully produced free e-books of Tek Scopes, HP, Vintage radios.

I just stumbled on this lovely resource. The author is clearly a very experienced e-publisher. The downloadable results are first-rate, real print-quality.
If you love 7000 series Tek scopes, HP testgear or vintage military stuff, have a look!
http://www.k100.biz/parade.htm
-Jeremy
Old 13th Oct 2023, 2:15 pm   #2
Nickthedentist
Dekatron

Default Re: Beautifully produced free e-books of Tek Scopes, HP, Vintage radios.

Amazing!

I've just downloaded the surplus one and it will make very good bedtime reading.

They're the work of Giovanni Becattini. And amazingly, all photography was done on an ordinary iPhone.

Thank you.

N.
Nickthedentist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Oct 2023, 3:34 pm   #3
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Beautifully produced free e-books of Tek Scopes, HP, Vintage radios.

I've just downloaded the HP one and had a wallow in all the reminiscences!

I've got a few of the boxes he covers. An 8640 and an 8566B on the round tuit pile.

David
Old 13th Oct 2023, 5:35 pm   #4
Craig Sawyers
Dekatron

They are truly beautiful. I thought I knew everywhere to do with Tektronix and HP - but these documents are truly wonderful.

Thanks for finding those Jeremy

Craig
Old 13th Oct 2023, 8:29 pm   #5
gingpeakin
Hexode

Never a waste of time looking at these. A real labour of love in so many ways.
Great to see many bits of kit in my collection there as well.
gingpeakin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Oct 2023, 12:39 am   #6
Radio Wrangler

I didn't have a poster of either the tennis girl or a Countach, just 3724A/3725A and 3726A.

David
Old 24th Nov 2023, 1:35 pm   #7
steve1010uk
Pentode

Absolutely brilliant books, my thanks to Giovanni Becattini if he reads this.
steve1010uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2023, 2:09 pm   #8
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Although I have no interest in Tek scopes I have had a look at a couple of these and they really are superb. From the excellent photography to the detailed meticulous layout, these put many professionally printed publications to shame. They must have taken hundreds of hours each to produce.

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Paul Stenning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2023, 3:26 am   #9
tobytronic
Diode

I came across your forum when I did one of those random late night Google searches when something pops into your mind. In this instance it was 'Paxolin' and then I found your post with the amazing link.
Such beautiful content. A very welcome, brief distraction from the difficult times my wife and I are going through at the present time.
I look forward to contributing when times get a little better.
Thank you.
tobytronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2023, 3:43 pm   #10
Vintage_RC
Heptode

I've just downloaded the HP one. What superbly produced e-books. Reading through it brings back so many memories from my time as an electronics R&D engineer. In particular the HP spectrum analysers and the HP85 computer.
Old 1st Dec 2023, 2:09 am   #11
knobtwiddler
Octode

The author of the Tek one introduces it to the Tek group here

Thank you, Giovanni!

And thank you, Pamphonica - what a wonderful link! (I have 3 of the scopes on the cover of the Tek book sitting to the left of me. Collecting 7000 modules is a bit addictive!)
knobtwiddler is offline   Reply With Quote