UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Oct 2020, 12:20 am   #1
OldTechFan96
Octode

Default Serviscope Video Question

Hello,

I've just watched this 1985 video from Serviscope. I am wondering what equipment is used and why between 16:26 - 16:34.

The DUT looks to be connected to a plotter and is drawing something. All the gear looks like it is from Philips.

Does anybody know?
Old 20th Oct 2020, 2:04 am   #2
Radio Wrangler

Default Re: Serviscope Video Question

The finger just pressed a button labeled 'trig' before the plotter ran. The sig gen was set to sweep. I rather suspect what was plotted was a frequency response shape. The plotter going right to left seems strange, but it was moving a lot faster than the knob on the generator set to a 100 second sweep would imply so that must have been the retrace that was filmed, along with a falling tone. Hope the pen was up

PSUs weren't Philipd... Farnell.

David
Old 21st Oct 2020, 6:31 pm   #3
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Serviscope Video Question

Thanks for posting that video, very entertaining.
I worked with a crowd of ex Servicescope people at Granada. At least the department store engineer had room in his van for a few sets, we had Austin Metro's for a while and you could barely get a 26 inch CTV in the back. Happy days? you must be joking.
Closed Thread