UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Clubs, Groups and Societies

Notices

Clubs, Groups and Societies For discussions about various clubs, groups and societies relating to our hobbies, such as the BVWS (incl RetroTechUK), BATC, RSGB, APTS, CLPGS, THG, TCC, BECG, MCR21 etc. This is NOT an official forum for any of these organisations.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Mar 2022, 6:50 am   #1
terry123
Pentode

Default Dunstable Downs Radio Club Boot Sale. Sunday 22 May 2022.

Luton & Dunstable Rally 22/05/2022 Good to see this back on the calendar

http://www.ddrcbootsale.org/

well worth a visit

Regards, Terry
Old 20th May 2022, 8:09 am   #2
raditechman
Heptode

Default Re: Dunstable Downs Radio Club Boot Sale. Sunday 22 May 2022.

Sunday 22nd May Dunstable Downs Radio Car boot sale back. Normally a popular event.

John
Old 22nd May 2022, 5:25 pm   #3
Whaam68
Hexode

I live down the road and always usually go but had a prior morning engagement this time. I did just manage to get there for the dying embers at 1pm and heard a few stall holders saying they’d had a very good day. I took away a nice Yamaha cassette deck for £20 from a stall holder who was packing away and was very happy with that.
Old 22nd May 2022, 8:53 pm   #4
terry123
Pentode

It was a great day in every sense of the word, bumped into many friends and acquaintances on my way around and came away with a few bargains. Saw the Yamaha cassette deck on my rounds . you got a bargain !

Regards, Terry
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:22 pm   #5
Whaam68
Hexode

I think I did Terry…..gave it a good clean when I got home and it’s fully working and sounds great. Even the bulbs work.
Best
Mike
Old 23rd May 2022, 9:05 am   #6
CambridgeWorks
Nonode

I think it was the Verulam club stand, I saw an AVO lcr bridge. The modernish, coloured one. Istr ticket was £15. Would no doubt haggle? Still there several hours later. Also two cheap Advance E* series sig gens seen as well on other stands, all cheap. Plenty of LV bench psu of all ages, vintage to modern.
I spent most of my cash at just 3 stands. These all had stuff priced to sell.

Unlike one with RA17 used Plessey power plugs. No price, but when asked, it was said that online ones are offered at £28!

I got a drip feed watering kit £2, lots of tube and spare nozzles. A present for the xyl. Our 49th wedding anniversary next week! A 5 way iec distribution socket strip with 3 plugs for £1, for my hifi rack. Various assorted small bags of useful bits as well.
I left around noon, having had a great time looking around. The personal contact with fellow enthusiasts was really good. However, the lovely weather really made the day.

Arrived home. My xyl had some bad news. First job was to unblock the sewer pipe on our property! Then fix the latch on the patio door as it was stuck.
So, it is only this morning I will have time to delve into my bags and see just what bargains I have bought.
Rob
Old 23rd May 2022, 1:38 pm   #7
Sinewave
Octode

I was very happy to be at this event for the first time since 2019. I couldn't make it for opening, which didn't matter too much as I wasn't intending on buying anything this time around, I just wanted to have a wander along and see familiar faces and take myself back to a time where things were a bit different.

There was still plenty on offer, but I resisted and really enjoyed having a walk around and a browse.
Old 25th May 2022, 6:59 pm   #8
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

There was quite a good showing of wireless sets, "hi-fi" and reel to reel tape recorders following a trend from the last time it was held, even though its nominally an "amateur radio" event

I'm guessing £8 a pitch is attractive compared to the NVCF?

Fred
Old 26th May 2022, 10:48 am   #9
Sinewave
Octode

Most amateur radio 'boot sales' have a bit of everything (technical) really, which is nice as there's usually a few areas of interest. If it were radio alone, they'd be much much smaller.
Old 26th May 2022, 12:37 pm   #10
Pamphonica
Nonode

I had a great day out! At the last moment I arranged to have adjacent stalls with a good friend, always a sensible arrangement. I re-homed a lot of items to new owners, and bought only a few bits myself. So there was a distinct net tonnage move in the right direction and an equally pleasant movement in personal funds. This rally is a definite fixture in my calendar, either as buyer or seller.
And the cherry on the cake? A friend spotted a nice little 1953 Pamphonic 903 table radio for me to buy. Fair condition and £8 so no complaints! It's an odd battery only table set, very basic but one I hadn't seen before, so a nice addition to the collection.
It was great to see so many familiar faces dropping by for a chat.
-Jeremy
Closed Thread