UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 16th Apr 2014, 6:08 pm   #1
delph_nine
Retired Dormant Member

Default Mullard MW31-16 CRT and Cossor 92R TV/Radio

Hi Folks,
I hope this is ok to ask this question here.

I inherited from an amateur radio and electronic enthusiast the above kit. I also have the service manual (somewhere)

Since then I've been trying to find it a home, but museums all seem to have examples of both the CRT and the set.

Some years ago I was offered serious cash for the CRT, but declined thinking there would be someone who appreciated the kit for what it was rather than what they could make from selling it on.

I really need the space its been occupying space in my garage for the last 20 years. Are either of the above items of interest to anyone, and what would be a fair and reasonable asking price.

Currently weighing up the value/cost of storage/not wanting to see this end up in a skip of being stripped for its case.

BTW I am located nr Glasgow.

best wishes

Jon

Last edited by AC/HL; 16th Apr 2014 at 10:08 pm. Reason: To comply with Forum rules
Old 16th Apr 2014, 10:11 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: Mullard MW31-16 CRT and Cossor 92r TV/Radio

Two posts deleted and wording ambiguity edited.
Old 17th Apr 2014, 7:11 am   #3
Cobaltblue

Default Re: Mullard MW31-16 CRT and Cossor 92R TV/Radio

Hi Jon

Most early Cossor TV's have 3 numbers. (not all some pre war sets have 2 digits but I am not aware of a model 92)

I am wondering if that R is really an 8? making the set a 928.

The 928 is nice little tabletop set with a radio circa 1952

Cheers

Mike T
Old 21st Apr 2014, 8:54 pm   #4
delph_nine
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Mullard MW31-16 CRT and Cossor 92R TV/Radio

Indeed a typo, 928, yes has radio def not table top though, freestanding, speaker etc in lower half of case.
Closed Thread