UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Apr 2014, 11:06 pm   #1
Valve'n'vinyl
Pentode

Default ITT/KB Dual Standard set - Identification Please!

Hi Everyone, I bought the same model as this one in the pic , but mine is in A1 condition, HOWEVER I cannot see any set identification marks on the front or on the rear. Does anyone know its exact model number, I have seen the KV025 with twin dials on instead of push button units for the 625 line system like mine has got. I need a new mains dropper for mine as the one in it is crusty but I also need a manual for it ANY IDEAS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PRODPIC-697.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	91411  

Last edited by Valve'n'vinyl; 11th Apr 2014 at 11:08 pm. Reason: forgot to add attachment
Old 12th Apr 2014, 7:56 am   #2
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Default Re: ITT/KB Dual Standard set - Identification Please!

Hello,

I think your set is a KV066. There should be a paper label on the chassis by the mains dropper, with the model and chassis details printed on it. However, they do tend to come adrift with the passage of time. There may also be a paper label stuck onto the top cabinet stiffener strip (only visible if you remove the back cover).

Regards,

Dazzlevsion

Last edited by dazzlevision; 12th Apr 2014 at 7:57 am. Reason: Added text.
Old 12th Apr 2014, 12:06 pm   #3
Valve'n'vinyl
Pentode

Ahh! Thanks for that Just whipped the cover back off and had a look but no paper strip . I have to assume the label has come off at some point. Any ideas on where to obtain a manual or at least a schematic for it . I have been looking all over the web and cannot seem to locate any parts for it I may put a wanted ad on here )
Old 12th Apr 2014, 4:19 pm   #4
dazzlevision
Dekatron

Hello,

Your set is almost certainly fitted with the ITT/STC/KB VC53 dual standard hand wired chassis.

Regards,

Dazzlevision
Closed Thread