UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 13th Feb 2018, 4:13 pm   #1
nmiddlemass
Triode

Default Sanyo Betacord 5400P Video Recorder - REWIND Advice Please

Hi..

I am hoping someone may be able to help me. I'm new to video recorders so apologies in advance if this a silly question.

I've replaced the shot belts on this Sanyo Betacord 5400P, the good news is the loading belt now works really well and the machine laces up when a tape is inserted.

I have lubricated the unit and given it a good clean, lots of old belt debris.

The mechanism now functions when play and fast forward are pressed but when I press rewind the unit starts rewinding and then jars to a halt. If I manually move the gear turning the counter rewind functions perfectly.

When a tape is inserted it tries to rewind, the motor starts, the idler engages with the supply reel and everything looks as it should but after a few seconds it stops. It is almost as though the take up reel is jammed. Again, if I manually turn the counter gear it works.

Am I missing something obvious??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Neil
Old 13th Feb 2018, 8:41 pm   #2
dj_fivos_sak
Heptode

Default Re: Sanyo Betacord 5400P Video Recorder - REWIND Advice Please

Hi. The tape counter on these machines have a hall-effect sensor device. If the tape counter doesn't rotate in Play, FF or REW, the machine will stop after 1-2 seconds. Did you replace the two counter belts?

Fivos
Closed Thread