UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Websites

Notices

Websites Found an interesting website? Post the details here and share it with the rest of us. Please stick to websites that are in some way related to our hobby/interest.

Closed Thread

Old 4th May 2021, 12:04 am   #21
Pfraser
Pentode

Default Re: Vintage Airband Website

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julesomega View Post
Here's another of the Hongkong cheapo variety which was aimed at the more enthusiastic aircraft spotters: it has a squelch control to save on brain and battery power. The bands are interesting: Air + Weather + 'Public Band' (not sure why they always called it that), then Band I TV + Band II FM, and then a novelty of a 'CB' Band: in this case it covered something like 21.5 - 31MHz. The exact type number has worn off the rear label during a short but active life, which has seen an aerial repair and the removal of the control knobs

It has the necessary wrist strap, and is unusually large and heavy for this class of receiver
That looks familiar! I had 2 of those, one branded Joysonic, the other was Eurosonic. Otherwise identical. All-transistor circuit.

The 'Public Band' I think refers to the American public safety channels on VHF; they also had some on UHF.

Mine had a weather channel marked at 162.5MHz.

I quite liked these sets. Cheap 'n' cheerful, without being rubbish. The reproduction on FM was sweeter than on other portables I had, possibly due to de-emphasis circuitry being designed for the USA. (Or omitted entirely!)

For any restorers or users...be careful if connecting external DC power, as the socket is identical and next to the earphone socket.
Old 4th May 2021, 8:25 pm   #22
William78
Triode

I have a Teleton TF-181. Given to me by my neighbour who would have bought it new in the 1970s. I remember it being used to listen to the Barton airshow many years ago. It still works Ok.

William.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Tel1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	233294   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tel2.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	233295   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tel3.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	233296   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tel4.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	233297  
Old 4th May 2021, 8:47 pm   #23
skyking_comms
Tetrode

I found that radio's from 1970 onwards were mass produced, with many coming in from Hong Kong.

For me it's the 1950's and 1960's radio's that are unique, made in smaller numbers and were purchased by real aviation enthusiasts who actually had the money to buy them (they weren't cheap!) - These are the one's I'm trying to collect and add to the website.

Speaking of the website.. I see it got a mention in the Radio User magazine http://www.radioenthusiast.co.uk/art...airband-radios
Closed Thread