UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 20th Aug 2006, 8:09 pm   #1
Colourstar
Octode

Default 1969 BBC COLOUR Press pack for dealers

Hi everyone. I thought some of you might be interested to see parts of this press pack sent out to television dealers for Christmas 1969 (according to the Derby tv service engineer who very kindly gave them to me some years ago).

The BBC Colour News leaflets which are in the natty blue folder feature pics of various colour shows, whilst Tricia Madden (token swinging dolly bird) answers commony-asked viewer questions on the back page- "Do I need a new set to receive colour?!" etc. There are some nice, pslightly psychedelic posters for individual shows on BBC1 and BBC2 including Morecambe & Wise, Cliff, Paul Temple, Up Pompeii etc. I particularly like the CHANGE OVER TO COLOUR NOW comparison posters! There is even a complete set of unused BBC COLOUR stamps to re-inforce the colour brainwashing. This all adds up to a major publicity drive, 60s style!

Ironically, I don't personally own a colour set... I think I'll wait till the price comes down a bit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colour 001.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	5068   Click image for larger version

Name:	colour 004.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	5069   Click image for larger version

Name:	colour 009.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	5070   Click image for larger version

Name:	colour 011.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	5071   Click image for larger version

Name:	colour 015.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	5072  

Old 21st Aug 2006, 4:39 pm   #2
Focus Diode
Octode

Default Re: 1969 BBC COLOUR Press pack for dealers

Really is wonderful stuff from a relatively short period in TV history that won't be seen again. With all this publicity I wonder why the BBC retained the BBCtv sloping blocks without reference to colour at the end of their programmes, then suddenly do so from the latter half of 1971?!

Many thanks for sharing these with us Colourstar !

Cheers,
Brian
Closed Thread