UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 17th Jan 2021, 1:53 pm   #21
M0AFJ, Tim
Hexode

Default Re: Trio TS830S. First power after 30yr hibernation. Any safeguards/precautions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Freddie View Post
..... " have you revalidated your licence with Ofcom?, has to be done every 5 years " Is that correct 10 years rings a bell with me, I do visit the Ofcom site every 3 or 4 years, mind......
No, every 5 years, I just got reminded as it was in Rad Com!
Old 17th Jan 2021, 5:41 pm   #22
G6Tanuki
Dekatron

Default Re: Trio TS830S. First power after 30yr hibernation. Any safeguards/precautions?

The "Revalidation" process is quite user-friendly: I had to do it recently and realised that the email-address associated with my Ofcom account was my old work-address which I no longer have access to - so I couldn't do a password-reset [necessary because Ofcom have apparently changed their back-end systems in the last half-decade]

So I set up a 'new' account but couldn't work out how to associate this with my licence. A quick email to Ofcom [quoting my licence-details] and happiness was restored within a few hours - impressive since they were working under the first virus-lockdown short-staffing.
A quick email to Ofcom
Old 17th Jan 2021, 9:03 pm   #23
HamishBoxer
Dekatron

Ofcom have been very helpful when I contacted them in the past.
Old 28th Mar 2021, 11:17 pm   #24
nemo1956
Triode

Hi there. Im very glad to hear that another good old TS830S has been put back on air.
I've had one here for along time and not used it for just as long. When I switched it on it worked on receive but not transmit.
It took a lot to find where the problem was. It turned out to be a dry joint on the If board.
But she is in good health now and has all new valves in the PA.
I love my 830S.
Closed Thread