UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 19th Feb 2021, 12:57 pm   #1
jonnybear
Octode

Default Dartronic d17 oscilloscope circuit diagram

I know these scopes do not seem to have any information on the net, just a dying hope someone can help with either a circuit or information, this scope seems quite well made and has been working well until now, forgot to switch it off last night this morning no trace on channel 1 trace OK on 2 then nothing on either EHT seems to be present but on BF238 there is very low volts with 15k collector resistor getting hot, BF238 checked good but replaced as a precaution with both driver transistors still same voltages. I like this scope so would like to get it back in operation.
John
Old 19th Feb 2021, 1:23 pm   #2
newlite4
Octode

Default Re: Dartronic d17 oscilloscope circuit diagram

Difficult to find out anything about this scope specifically, but I had a very similar problem with a Telequipment D32 of similar vintage and also of solid state design. The problem suggests the channel switching bistable is stuck in one state. On the D32 the fault lay in dry joints around the bistable circuit, even some unsoldered joints. Worth checking just in case overnight running has caused local heating leading to some breaks.
Neil
Old 21st Feb 2021, 1:17 am   #3
Chris55000
Nonode

Hi!

Oh dear, another chappie stick for a D17 circuit diagram and I don't know how soon I'll be able to start drawing mine out as I've loads of drawing/design projects to do. . .!

I can tell the OP that the Darton D17 filched a lot of bits from the Gould/Advance parts bins (the lettering and CRT bezels are all in the same style), so I would download the following Advance Gould manuals:–

OS245, OS255 and OS300

. . .I think one of these will probably furnish you with circuit information that is very similar to that used in the Dartron!

Chris Williams

Last edited by Chris55000; 21st Feb 2021 at 1:23 am.
Old 21st Feb 2021, 9:01 pm   #4
karesz*
Heptode

Hi John,
Did you see these thread-maybe yours is same as Mette D17? https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?t=162555
K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mette_D17_Oscilloscope__vint-radio,Chris5500.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	227310  
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 12:23 am   #5
jonnybear
Octode

I now know the first post referring to the BF258 was a red herring, the D12 has the same time base board as the D17 but the Y1 Y2 panel is different.
This was a weird one while rotating Y2 switch I noticed a flash on the screen, getting to work with hair dryer trace returned on Y1 & Y2 but Y2 switch effected both traces, with Y1 trace stable Y2 very noisy, using freezer/heat I found BF244 a Nfet possible culprit, replacing it with a 2sk30a only one I had around at the time, the scope sprang back to life and is now working fine, no interaction between traces so I am at a loss why this FET should cause the fault on both channels or even what it does.
John
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 12:35 pm   #6
See_Mos
Hexode

Is that a Dartonix in the attached picture?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1985.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	227335  
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 3:41 pm   #7
jonnybear
Octode

I would say yes to the one in the picture.
K The Mette D17 is probably a clone of the Dartron D17
Chris looked up the Gould circuits unfortunately they are different the Gould Oscilloscopes have quite a few ICs, the Dartron has none completely discrete components.
John
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC07709.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	227346  
Old 22nd Feb 2021, 3:56 pm   #8
See_Mos
Hexode

I thought it looked similar to K's picture.

I bought that one after seeing an advert, or a review, in Television Magazine.

I don't think they were in business very long. I was lucky to get mine as they went bust shortly after it arrived.

It was not very well made but it did the job until I could afford a Hameg.

Last edited by See_Mos; 22nd Feb 2021 at 4:03 pm.
Old 27th Feb 2021, 3:23 pm   #9
valveaudio
Hexode

Sorry can't help with diagrams, but I have an old scrap D12, if you need any bits you could contact me.

Trevor
Old 1st Mar 2021, 12:44 pm   #10
jonnybear
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by valveaudio View Post
Sorry can't help with diagrams, but I have an old scrap D12, if you need any bits you could contact me.

Trevor
Thanks Trevor for your offer, at the moment after replacing one of the FET transistors it seems to be behaving perfectly, If it is OK with you if any problems occur in the near future would it be alright to PM you. Thank you again for the offer.
John
Closed Thread