UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11th Dec 2009, 5:01 am   #1
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Default Panasonic U4W service data wanted

As above, does anyone still have the schematic/circuit diagram for this chassis? A scan should be fine. Specifically for the Panasonic TX-2234.

I've finally dragged this set onto the bench in the hope that the simple fault (frame collapse) could be found easily enough with a squirt of freezer since last time it was tried, it lasted a few minutes before the fault developed, but that was a few years ago. Now I'm just greeted with the fault at switch-on, and the usual culprits (electrolytics) seem to measure OK, so it seems I'll need to do a bit of proper diagnosis

Thanks in advance

Brian
Old 12th Dec 2009, 7:49 am   #2
Kat Manton
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Panasonic U4W service data wanted

Hi Brian,

I'll move 'find SCSI card, fit SCSI card, find PSU for scanner, connect scanner, configure SANE on Linux' further up my 'ToDo' list, then I can scan the relevant bits of the manual for you (or all of it if I'm feeling enthusiastic.)

It'll be the middle of next week at the earliest as there are a few things that won't move down the list. If I appear to have forgotten, drop me a PM; I can be extremely forgetful...

Regards, Kat
Old 15th Dec 2009, 12:38 am   #3
Welsh Anorak
Dekatron

Hi
If Kat's non-volatile memory fails I'm sure I have a service manual - yours for the postage - PM me the model number if you need it.
Glyn
Old 16th Dec 2009, 4:41 am   #4
BGmidsUK
Retired Dormant Member

Hey thanks for the replies sorry I've been away for a few days. Thanks for the offers!

It's the TX-2234 same as Kat's set. Thankfully everything else still seems to work although I'm a bit concerned the horizontal scan is a bit low, can't really tell until the frame osc is running properly though.

And also I forgot to reconnect the scan coil plug during one of the checks, hope this hasn't done any harm

BG
Closed Thread