UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 5th May 2007, 7:18 pm   #1
Scarabeus79
Retired Dormant Member

Default Sony KV1320 no sound or vision

Hi Masters,

I've just bought a KV1320. Stripped it, put it back together, cleaned inside outside, but it is not working. It porduces a picture, but it is not like when you have got no signal; it's a white-grey screen, and there is no sound either. From the rectifier tube housing comes a noise.

Am I going to die or something if I touch the tube and the lead and all the things around it? (When it is unplugged ,of course).

What should I check? I would really appreciate some help, and would be happy if this TV worked because I think it is really lovely.

Thank you in advance for your help...

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 30th Dec 2007 at 12:18 pm. Reason: S&P
Old 5th May 2007, 8:10 pm   #2
rank-bush-murphy
Retired Dormant Member

Default Re: Sony KV1320 not working.

Check the wiring to and from the tuner, as with this model the tuner wiring is soldered, I think , not pluggable, so check that you haven't inadvertently broken any wires.
Check for voltage (about 12v I think - maybe higher) on the + lead of capacitor c105 (33uf 25v) and on the tuner +b pin. This should have a white/orange lead on it.
Also check that the IF output lead from the tuner hasn't become detached.
The above info applies to the later Mk2 version.

Last edited by Mike Phelan; 30th Dec 2007 at 12:21 pm. Reason: Readability
Closed Thread