UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23rd Apr 2007, 5:35 pm   #1
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Adjusting focus on Mc Michael MP17?

Ok, Ive looked, and fiddled, but I want to set the focus on this set - any ideas?

Cant see anything that helps.

I want to get it as close to right as I can before Josh gets saddled with it......

Picture below.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mp17.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	9358  
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 7:02 pm   #2
Heatercathodeshort
Dekatron

Default Re: Adjusting focus on Mc Michael MP17?

Hello Sean,
The MP17 uses the Mullard AW43-80 electrostatically focused tube. The focus is usually preset by the set makers who connecting the focus electrode flylead to either boost HT, normal HT, or earth. These tubes use a pre focus gun and will retain good focus at virtually any position. Not at all critical in this respect. If its out of focus [a bit] connecting the focus lead to the boost setting will improve it slightly, very slightly but alas a replacement tube may well be required. The picture should be very high contrast with loads of reserve brilliance. Regards John.
Old 23rd Apr 2007, 7:50 pm   #3
Sean Williams
Dekatron

Default Re: Adjusting focus on Mc Michael MP17?

hi John,

I am being hyper critical really - the picture is watchable, just ever so slightly fuzzy - I can see the line structure, and there is loads of brilliamce in reserve....

I think it is time to call it a day on this set