UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Telephony and Telecomms

Notices

Vintage Telephony and Telecomms Vintage Telephones, Telephony and Telecomms Equipment

Closed Thread

Old 10th Aug 2020, 12:34 pm   #1
JamieEC
Tetrode

Default BT Kingfisher 203/Panasonic KX-T1416 Answering Machine Remote Control

Hello All,
Does anyone know how tones are generated for these machines using the remote units? I want to be able to access remotely but don't want to have to have the remote unit on me, so was hoping to make a tone using my mobile or something similar, just can't seem to find any info on what type of tone is used?
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 10th Aug 2020, 1:41 pm   #2
dragonser
Heptode

Default Re: BT Kingfisher 203/Panasonic KX-T1416 Answering Machine Remote Control

Hi,
there is some info in the service notes I think.
Would you be able to record the tones from the remote unit on a mobile ? and then play the tones back....
I know that it may not be that simple !
Old 10th Aug 2020, 1:46 pm   #3
JamieEC
Tetrode

Default Re: BT Kingfisher 203/Panasonic KX-T1416 Answering Machine Remote Control

Cheers for the info, do you have the service notes?
I thought it would be a series of tones, although I know they have their own codes.
Theres one on ebay currently which matches the code of mine, do you think it would work/is worth getting?
Old 10th Aug 2020, 9:23 pm   #4
dagskarlsen
Heptode

As far as I remember you could use DTMF (touch tone) but you need the 2 digit code stamped on the machine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CamScanner 08-10-2020 22.20.28_1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	213203   Click image for larger version

Name:	CamScanner 08-10-2020 22.20.28_2b.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	213204  

Last edited by dagskarlsen; 10th Aug 2020 at 9:27 pm. Reason: added pictures
Old 10th Aug 2020, 9:25 pm   #5
JamieEC
Tetrode

These predate that system. They use a binary code + letter, with special buttons for review and ff, which you need the remote with the correct code for. Very primitive even compared to the newer model of the same device.
Closed Thread