UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items

Notices

Other Vintage Household Electrical or Electromechanical Items For discussions about other vintage (over 25 years old) electrical and electromechanical household items. See the sticky thread for details.

Closed Thread

Old 22nd Oct 2020, 5:38 pm   #1
edteach

Default Help wiring a vintage fan.

This is a Kenmore 50s fan. Its a three speed and the speed coil is in the head or stater. The wiring was bad so I did not get to write down the way they hook up. I put color shrink tub on the four wires to make it easy. So I did an ohms reading on the four to the head. They are as follows
Red to black 5.5
Red to green 24.6
red to white 36.5
black to green 20.7
black to white 32.5
green to white 13.5

So I am not sure how to figure out from here what one is neutral, high low medium. Thanks for any guidance.
Old 23rd Oct 2020, 3:00 am   #2
Graham G3ZVT
Dekatron

Default Re: Help wiring a vintage fan.

Hi there & welcome to the forum.
On those resistances, it would seem to me that the correct sequence is:

Red High
Black Med
Green Low
White Neutral
Closed Thread