UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Other Discussions > Forum Announcements and Comments

Notices

Forum Announcements and Comments Announcements about forum changes will be made in this section. All new threads here now require moderator approval.

Closed Thread

Old 24th Aug 2020, 7:53 pm   #1
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Could you help to run these forums?

This forum is looked after by a team of four moderators as well as myself as admin/owner. The moderators do a great job and keep good control of everything on a day-to-day basis.

However we are aware that this is about the minimum number we can operate with, and that if anyone was unavailable for a while we could run into difficulties.

We are therefore looking to have a small reserve list of interested members who could be asked to join the mod team if required in the future. Expressing interest does not mean you will definitely be added to the list or invited to join the team, and also does not commit you if your circumstances change. It just means that rather than starting from scratch to find people, we already have a short-list to work with, which would save some time.

Anyone who wishes to be considered will need to have been a forum member for some time and be a regular poster in several sections. You need to be a frequent visitor, at least daily and probably more than once per day. You also need to appreciate how the forums are run and be happy with the style of moderation etc, because that's not going to change.

It is voluntary; nobody gets paid for doing anything here. We do it for the benefit of our vintage tech community.

If you are interested please send me a PM, which I will share with the rest of the mod team, and we can go from there. If you have any questions before putting yourself forward please ask me or one of the other moderators by PM.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Old 30th Aug 2020, 1:45 pm   #2
Paul Stenning
Administrator

Default Re: Could you help to run these forums?

Thank you to the four members who have messaged me so far.

We want to start looking through the list of interested people in the next few days, so this is a final call for interested members to PM me by Tuesday evening please.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul Stenning
Forum Admin/Owner and BVWS Webmaster
Closed Thread