UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players

Notices

Vintage Tape (Audio), Cassette, Wire and Magnetic Disc Recorders and Players Open-reel tape recorders, cassette recorders, 8-track players etc.

Closed Thread

Old 29th Nov 2022, 10:19 pm   #1
sourbiscuits
Pentode

Question I need belt sets for the following cassette decks. Could you recommend good sources?

Hello! I want to get new belt sets and perhaps pinch rollers for the following units: Marantz CP430, Marantz PMD222, Tascam Porta Two, Superscope CD330. What sources would you recommend, as I don't know which sites are trustworthy and offer good quality belts? 🙄
Old 30th Nov 2022, 10:07 am   #2
RogerEvans
Hexode

Default Re: I need belt sets for the following cassette decks. Could you recommend good sourc

I bought belts for a CD330 from an eBay seller in Germany called 'phonohifishop', the deck has been working really well since fitting the new belts despite my clumsiness with getting access to the underside of the mechanism! This is the only belt replacement I have done so I have nothing else for comparison.

Regards,

Roger
Old 30th Nov 2022, 10:25 am   #3
sortedradio
Heptode

Default Re: I need belt sets for the following cassette decks. Could you recommend good sourc

I have been happy with belts from https://webspareparts.com/en-gb
Old 30th Nov 2022, 10:50 am   #4
knobtwiddler
Octode

I've bought from this firm, and the TH site members like the company as well: https://fixyouraudio.com/

^The company is in the EU, so easy for you in NL. He's answered questions via email to me and seems to be genuine.

My experience with Ebay belts has been terrible. I am of the opinion that 9/10 are poor quality / poor fit. I'm sure there are one or two decent sellers, but I haven't met them.

Web Spare Parts have been good for me as well.
Old 5th Dec 2022, 11:27 pm   #5
sourbiscuits
Pentode

Thank you very much guys! I will likely go for webspareparts as they have belts for two of the units and offer free shipping. I am not very sure of myself if I can make a good estimate and buy belts based on size from fixyouraudio so I will likely search on ebay for the Marantz units. I mainly want to get a pinch roller for the Superscope unit. Maybe for the tascam too. But this was quite helpful already!!!
Closed Thread