UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > Components and Circuits

Notices

Components and Circuits For discussions about component types, alternatives and availability, circuit configurations and modifications etc. Discussions here should be of a general nature and not about specific sets.

Closed Thread

Old 9th Aug 2022, 2:02 pm   #1
Valvepower
Octode

Default STC TK1001 transistor data

Hello,

I’m trying to find data on the STC TK1001 transistor in the attached photo.

I have a bag of about 50 of these and would like to find some data on them. Although, I figure they'll be work-a-day Ge transistor similar to one of the OC4/7/8x and XB1xx parts from the early 60's, but some more exact data would be nice.

I’ve tried on-line, Towers and Ball etc., but to no avail.

It appears on the superb Mister Transistor's Vintage Technology Pages site but there is no data.

http://www.wylie.org.uk/technology/semics/STC/STC.htm

Regards
Terry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4649.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	262510  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 2:38 pm   #2
AC/HL
Dekatron

Default Re: STC TK1001 transistor data

The service data for the Decca Debonaire lists TK1000C as an RF set, as an alternative to the ubiquitous Mullard one. They're selected by colour code.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_14.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	262514  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 5:11 pm   #3
Valvepower
Octode

Hello Bill,

That makes sense and it probably explains the Green and Black coding dots on the top of cans. See attached photo.

Going by the useful information you have found I’m beginning to possibly think the TK1001 is an AF set/pack much like the TK1002 and the Green/Black coding donates them drivers and outputs.

This also ties with something else, as I’ve also a bag of the same STC ‘style’ transistors (the package looks the same) labelled as OC72 – there is no STC logo and could be re-labelled much like the old Bi-Pak and Bi-Pre-Pak transistors. In fact, there was some Bi-Pak transistors in with the transistors that these transistors were amongst. See the other picture.

Regards
Terry
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Black_Green_TK1001.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	28.0 KB
ID:	262531   Click image for larger version

Name:	OC72.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	262532  
Old 9th Aug 2022, 5:39 pm   #4
AC/HL
Dekatron

I've just dug out my Debonaire. The colour dots are as the table in P2 and they all have the STC logo. No type number on the RF ones just labelled Mixer, IF and IF2. The Audio ones are all marked TK1002C and DR, OP, OP.
Old 9th Aug 2022, 5:57 pm   #5
G.Castle
Heptode

I have seen them with just the designations: MIX, IF, AF, DR, and OP. no type numbers included.
Old 9th Aug 2022, 7:00 pm   #6
Valvepower
Octode

Hello,

Thanks for all the replies.

I’ve looked at the transistors I have here and the Green dot/coding is marked DR and the Black dot/coding is marked as OP

I’ve had a look at the Debonair manual on Pauls DVD and it uses Mullard OC44, (2x) 45 and OC81D and (2x) OC81. Thinking about this logically with with Bill's info… TK1000 is OC44, 45 (2) and TK1002 is OC81D and OC81… which makes me think TK1001 is OC72 Driver (OC71?) and OC72 Output.

Regards
Terry.
Closed Thread