UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Amateur and Military Radio

Notices

Vintage Amateur and Military Radio Amateur/military receivers and transmitters, morse, and any other related vintage comms equipment.

Old 27th Feb 2024, 7:46 pm   #21
Alan Bain
Pentode

Default Re: Vintage 70cm rig?

I think it might be a Philmore 8464 plug from the drawing, but will have to source one to find out for sure.
Alan Bain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Feb 2024, 8:20 pm   #22
SiriusHardware
Dekatron

Do you remember back in the days of 'shoebox' mains / battery cassette recorders, there were initially two fairly common types of mains input plug - one survived to become the now familiar 'figure 8' 2-pole mains input connector still common today, but the other was the type you don't see any more which had square corners and a notch in the middle of one of the long sides only so it was polarised, unlike the figure-8 connector which can be inserted either way up.

That 'square' type looked very like the one for your radio but even if you could find one it would be moulded onto the end of a flex with mains coloured wires in it, which would be an accident waiting to happen if you used it as a low voltage supply cable (the implication being that someone, somewhere, would eventually try to connect mains to it).
SiriusHardware is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2024, 6:02 am   #23
VK2KFP-au
Diode

These DC power plugs are indeed Philmore type.
You can get the complete cable assembly from Zenmarket.jp (search for TRIO).

A cheaper option is to buy the plugs from aliexpress.com -I've pasted the link below

AU$2.84 | 5pcs AC power socket Wire Connector 10A 250VAC
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtD2Lv0
VK2KFP-au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Mar 2024, 2:07 am   #24
Alan Bain
Pentode

Huge thanks for this Ali-express pointer as I had been struggling to find one without large US postal charges. The CB connector seems to have been used by the NATO rig, but this lead is just as hard to find as the Kenwood.
Old 18th Mar 2024, 8:39 am   #25
dodgy-dxer
Heptode

I got one like Tim's drawng for another Japanese HF Radio

From a "4X4" shop in or near Thetford, by post

https://cbradio.co.uk/

It is marked SATO Parts Japan and came with a dc lead attached

Fred
G4BWP

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4wim_tim View Post
Hope this helps.

Regards Tim
dodgy-dxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2024, 11:24 am   #26
Alan Bain
Pentode

The Aliexpress ones (at neglible cost) arrived and sadly don't fit. Recording this for future reference in case anyone is tempted to try. I'll give the 4x4 shop above a try next.

(And if anyone wants one of the aliexpress plugs/sockets let me know as I have five of each, but it'll probably cost me more to post it that they sell them for, never quite understand how this works).

Alan