UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Television and Video

Notices

Vintage Television and Video Vintage television and video equipment, programmes, VCRs etc.

Old 4th Jul 2020, 7:13 pm   #1
koskimi
Diode

Default Sony VO-5630 U-matic need for help - picture problem

Hi,

I have Sony VO-5630 U-matic recorder. I goal is to digitialize my cassets but problem is that i don't know how i must connected device to modern tv that i can see the picture.. Could someone tells what is the easiest way to do that. Sound is not the problem, only picture.

Thanks!
koskimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2020, 8:10 pm   #2
Vintage Engr
Hexode

Default Re: Sony VO-5630 U-matic need for help - picture problem

The U-matic recorders output composite video. Therefore you will require a PAL to whatever type of output suits your TV inputs. For example a PAL to HDMI converter. However, if all you wish to do is to convert the PAL output to enable you to record on to a DVD, then there are a number of fairly inexpensive PAL in/ to USB output dongles available. These will enable you to use a P.C. to do the conversion, & then you will be able to playback the DVD via the T.V.

David.
Vintage Engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2020, 8:27 pm   #3
koskimi
Diode

Default Re: Sony VO-5630 U-matic need for help - picture problem

Hi and thanks for answer!

What is your best solution if i want to picture signal comes to RCA? What kind of dongle or wire i have to bought? I use mac and elgato video capture program..

Behind this link there are pictures of same device as i have. You can see specifications of it and pictures from backside..

https://josvandijken.nl/av_sony_vo5630.php
koskimi is offline   Reply With Quote