UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment

Notices

Vintage Test Gear and Workshop Equipment For discussions about vintage test gear and workshop equipment such as coil winders.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Feb 2020, 11:18 am   #21
Sinewave
Octode

Default Re: Marconi 1041C

I'll have to make a decision about which way to go. On the drawings they show some as potentiometers, some as variable resistors

The front panel of my 1041C has the following values fitted in the following positions, yet the schematic has the values stated in red
  • RV1 - 100K 100K
  • RV7 - 1K 1K
  • RV3 - 1K 33K
  • RV2 - 330R 10K
  • RV6 - 2K 1K
  • RV5 - 2K 3.3K
  • RV4 - 330R 6.8K

As you can see, there are some differences. Do you recall seeing different values fitted?

I have wondered if this is because of any revisions to later units? Or has someone in the past fit different values in?

I'm unaware of a drawing set which serves from this serial number to that serial number with another drawing set for the later serial numbers.

Old 1st Feb 2020, 1:09 pm   #22
Skywave
Rest in Peace

Arrow Re: Marconi 1041C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinewave View Post
As you can see, there are some differences. Do you recall seeing different values fitted?
No: I can't say that I did - or didn't - sorry. That's a level of detail that has vanished from my memory & I have no notes, etc. of the TF1041.

What you might have there is a TF1041 that is halfway between the B and the C model: mine was like that. Ultimately, you might have to resort to the 'suck it and see' approach.

Al.
Old 1st Feb 2020, 6:04 pm   #23
Sinewave
Octode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinewave View Post
No: I can't say that I did - or didn't - sorry. That's a level of detail that has vanished from my memory & I have no notes, etc. of the TF1041.

What you might have there is a TF1041 that is halfway between the B and the C model: mine was like that. Ultimately, you might have to resort to the 'suck it and see' approach.

Al.
Yep, I may have the transitioning version, as the later ones had a different format for the serial number.

What I'll do then, as the circuit is largely the same otherwise is order the fitted values and the drawing values and see what happens.
Old 6th Jul 2020, 11:39 am   #24
Sinewave
Octode

Just looking to return to this after the 'lab' has been redecorated and new shelving fitted, now everything is in tidy order!

So, does anyone know of some modern equivalent way of hashing up the Marconi T connector? The type TM5031A. It doesn't look impossible to make....