UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > General Vintage Technology > General Vintage Technology Discussions

Notices

General Vintage Technology Discussions For general discussions about vintage radio and other vintage electronics etc.

Closed Thread

Old 27th Feb 2014, 7:29 pm   #1
tomfishh
Retired Dormant Member

Question Epitaph - Practical Wireless, December, 1946. Or an ode to positive earth.

Hi all!

I hope that you can help me.

My granddad would really like more information on the Epitaph from the December 1946 issue of Practical Wireless and I have been enlisted to help him! In particular, he would like the original title and author of this poem.

If anyone has any further information on this Epitaph or has a December 1946 copy of Practical Wireless I would be really grateful!

The epitaph is as follows:

"In the little old town of Electron,
Way out beyond Anode Bend,
There's the grave of a radio mechanic,
Who lies earthed at his positive end.

Let us give him his due in all fairness-
He was good at his job; he had brains.
But he once was a little too careless
Whilst fixing a plug to the mains.

There's a moral to this little story,
A moral an infant could see.
If you don't want short circuits to Glory,
Don't frolic about with H.T."

Many thanks in advance,
Tom
Old 27th Feb 2014, 8:18 pm   #2
Dave Moll
Dekatron

Default Re: Epitaph - Practical Wireless, December, 1946. Or an ode to positive earth.

Unfortunately, December is not one of the issues of PW from 1946 in my collection.
Old 2nd Mar 2014, 8:45 pm   #3
Alvin
Heptode

Default Re: Epitaph - Practical Wireless, December, 1946. Or an ode to positive earth.

It was mentioned on this forum over 5 years ago https://www.vintage-radio.net/forum/...d.php?p=214710
Closed Thread