UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 16th May 2022, 10:04 pm   #1
sparkymike
Octode

Default Audioline 307 graphic equaliser

Audioline model307
There are 13 wires out of the rear of this car 12 volt amp/equaliser and I need to know what does what.
Original labels are on three of the wires and a part label on one other. If anyone out there has the pin outs that would be handy.
White is left front speaker, left rear is red, right rear is yellow.Possibly blue wire is right front. Purple is common but half label is missing
possibly front speakers. There is another purple that has been cut off on the multi plug so possibly the other common rear speaker return.
Other wires are brown, another blue, black, slate and pale green.
Mike.
Old 17th May 2022, 5:43 am   #2
Diabolical Artificer
Dekatron

Default Re: Audioline 307 graphic equaliser

Black is ground (probably), slate grey is remote. You might have speakers front & rear, that's 8 wires, which leaves 5, 12v +/- being another two, remote being three leaves two, input's being RCA's. Best way to find out is whip the top off and have a look at the PCB, it might be written on there or finding ground will eliminate others.

Andy.
Old 17th May 2022, 9:07 am   #3
sparkymike
Octode

Earth may be same as case so will check that out.
I wondered if the colour code was common to other car radios of the same era.
Mike.
Old 17th May 2022, 3:29 pm   #4
G6ONEDave
Octode

The wiring colours are as follows: Blue with inline fuse holder to positive 12v+ ignition switch aux. Black negative earth. Purple (2 of) left speaker front and rear common (0v earth). Green (2 of)right speaker front and rear common. Red rear left speaker signal plus+. White front left speaker signal plus+. Blue front right speaker signal plus+. Yellow rear right speaker signal plus+. Grey right 0v input from radio/cassette right speaker output. Grey/blue tracer right plus+ input from radio/cassette speaker output. Brown left 0v input from radio/cassette left speaker output. Brown/blue tracer left plus+ input from radio/cassette left speaker output.

Don't mix up the 12v positive supply with the speaker positive/plus+ as they are totally different functions.

Hope that helps.

Dave
Old 18th May 2022, 9:42 pm   #5
sparkymike
Octode

Thanks Dave, should give me a head start. I think you have one extra wire than me. I have 13 and if I can add up right, you have 14. probably the extra cassette wire that I would not need anyway.
Mike.
Old 19th May 2022, 5:44 pm   #6
G6ONEDave
Octode

I had a wire that had been cut nearly flush at the rear of the graphic but unlike yours it did not have the 12 way connector fitted, just a load of loose wires. I had to remove the covers to identify all the connections as there were no printed instructions. It's a lot of years ago now when I last saw one of these units and it was a repair job for a customer.

Dave