UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Powered By Google Custom Search Vintage Radio and TV Service Data

Go Back   UK Vintage Radio Repair and Restoration Discussion Forum > Specific Vintage Equipment > Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc)

Notices

Vintage Audio (record players, hi-fi etc) Amplifiers, speakers, gramophones and other audio equipment.

Closed Thread

Old 1st Mar 2012, 12:16 am   #1
motownmanic
Retired Dormant Member

Question Bsr ua?

Hi all, I've just come across a BSR turntable that looks like a cross between a UA6 and a UA8. Looks like a UA8 but it's white and has the same controls as a UA6.
It's obviously in the middle of both models, but didn't think there was a UA7. Anybody got any ideas?
Old 2nd Mar 2012, 1:01 am   #2
Audio1950
Dekatron

Default Re: Bsr ua?

I thought all the even numbered decks (up to the UA15) were changers, but what I always assumed to be the UA4 (brown bakelite fittings) turns out to be the UA5, according to the BSR book. I remain unconvinced, however, and reckon that might be a misprint! But if it is correct, then there may well have been a UA7.

Barry
Old 3rd Mar 2012, 8:22 pm   #3
D_S_J_R
Heptode

Default Re: Bsr ua?

I've seen UA8's in different colours and, I think, a UA6 with choclate arm/record stay and controls...

Dave
Closed Thread